Maine Babies
Options

Back from pedi-not great

1 ear infection, and despite the fact that Mario eats more than a normal sized adult, he grew in height and lost 7 oz. But I do have good news.

Mario's tests for PANDAS/strept came back negative.  We got unofficial word a couple days ago, and now official cultures show negative.  He will be retested.  PANDAS is a result of undiagnosed strept/untreated strept and is common in Central America, as well as here in the US.  It can be symptomless and sort of lay dormant, until it quickly destroys brain matter and heart tissue.  This past Wed., we had to set up a plan to go to Children's Hospital (well me) in Philly (CHOP) in the case he came back positive.  My brain exited my head somewhere around the words "irreversible brain and heart damage", "congestive heart failure", and "transplant". The worst part is I have treated children with PANDAS, and it is so heartbreaking to watch the child and family go from normal to nightmare and struggle. 

That is why I have been absent from the boards.  Surprisingly, I felt calm and just called my family and said I may be coming to live up there for a while Mario was in the hospital. He does not need to be retested for 6 months, and is on antibiotics now.

These children are aging me fast.  Thanks for listening--much love, Jill 

Re: Back from pedi-not great

• Options
    imageMissionImpossible:

?My brain exited my head somewhere around the words "irreversible brain and heart damage", "congestive heart failure", and "transplant".

Mine just did the same thing. i'm glad it's negative! ?

• Options
    I'm so sorry you have been dealing with all of that.  I hope Mario's ear infection clears up and that his cultures remain negative.  And that your little hummingbird starts putting on some weight.  Hugs. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Thanks guys.  We are going to continue to think good thoughts that he will remain negative too.  Otherwise, I'll be in the nuthatch.

Maybe a few visits to Coldstone will beef him up?  It would me...Much love, Jill

• Options
    mmmmm coldstone.?
  • Options
    The title of this post I thought "man, I need a pediCURE" but that's not what it was.  I'm so glad Mario is ok!
  • Options
    so glad all is well!
  • Options

CrazyC-don't get me started on Coldstone. 

And LOL at "pedicure"--I always think that too when I see "pedi".  How I wish it was just not a great pedicure visit.  How I wish I could figure out to GET a pedicure with a 3 year old and now 18 month old pipsqueak running around!

• Options
    LOVE the new pics and glad to hear Mario tested negative!  ((hugs))
    the bug & bee blog
    (read it. you know you want to.)
    anderson . september 2008
    vivian . february 2010
    mabel . august 2012
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

Que chulo!  Mario is such a cutie-pie!  Glad to hear the tests came back negative--here's hoping they stay that way!

:-)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"