Baby Names

WDYT of Emmeline Belle?

Honest opinions are welcome! 

Emmeline Belle C.    (last name is 2 syllables and sounds like Carlson) 

I've gotten a lot of negative feedback about Belle but I really love it and was even considering it as a first name for a while. Alright ladies-- let's hear your feedback! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: WDYT of Emmeline Belle?

• imagesavannah_girl:
    Its very "county/western". Not my style at all.

That's exactly what I was thinking. I pictured some damsel in distress waiting for her cowboy to ride to her rescue in the old west.

Pregnancy Ticker
    imageimage
  • I think it's cute. The combination is pretty Southern, but who cares? You won't be saying the names together that often and I think Belle is nice.
  • Loading the player...
  • Verrrry romantic name but it's not terrible. I like Emmeline a lot and if you love Belle - go for it. Middle names are rarely used in conjunction with first names. Never understood why people make such a big deal out of it.
    TTC #2
    BFP 3/28/16 (EDD 12/9/16) * Chemical pregnancy
    ME: 40 yrs.old
    DH: 41 yrs.old
    DD: 5 yrs.

• imagesavannah_girl:

imagevilaro:
    Verrrry romantic name but it's not terrible. I like Emmeline a lot and if you love Belle - go for it. Middle names are rarely used in conjunction with first names. Never understood why people make such a big deal out of it.

My family uses their middle name a lot. My brother, FIL, cousin, uncle all go by their MN 100%.

Right, but generally speaking, I do think that's more the exception than the rule.

TTC #2
    BFP 3/28/16 (EDD 12/9/16) * Chemical pregnancy
    ME: 40 yrs.old
    DH: 41 yrs.old
    DD: 5 yrs.

• I wouldn't use Belle as a first name, but as a middle I think it's just fine. I love Emmeline, and think the combination is pretty. I say go for it!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Cautiously expecting our second little petri dish baby - stick, Baby, stick!

BabyFruit Ticker

• I really love Emmeline but sorry I don't like Belle at all...  too cutesy for me    
  • I can't stand Belle as a first name but in this case I think it works as a middle name. There is something visually offputting though about the double Ms, double Ls, and all the Es that I can't put my finger on. But, I'm weird about the way names/words "look".
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I used to nanny for a little girl who was Emmeline but we called her Emme. Everyone loved the name and in three years we never ran into the name again. It is so beautiful and classic Old English name. 
  • I love Emmeline (Emma-line) and I really like Belle.
    I don't love them together and agree it's very southern sounding (if that matters).
    evelyn 4.2010 | will 1.2012 | baby BOY due 12.2014
    pregnant and/or breastfeeding since 2009.

• Love, love, love Emmeline (on our list, but we would spell it Emmaline).

Hate Belle.

Started TTC 2/2009
    Started fertility treatments 11/2010
    Ovarian dysfunction, LPD, male factor
    6 failed medicated IUI's
    Pregnant 5/2011 - Miscarriage at 6 weeks due to triploidy
    Decided to adopt - 6/2012
    SURPRISE! Pregnant without intervention - 7/2012 
    Sweet Baby James Born 3/2013
    Decided to be "One and Done"

....OR NOT.
    Pregnant 12/2018 despite birth control pills
    Here we go again...
    Due 8/26/19!
  • imagekellyrn9956:

Love, love, love Emmeline (on our list, but we would spell it Emmaline).

Hate Belle.

This. The names aren't bad but I don't like them together, and they are too southern for my taste. Emmeline Belle is a bit much- it reminds me of Tinkerbelle. Or what you would name one of her fairy friends. Sorry =(

B.R.C. 5/08-- N.R.C. 5/10--S.R.C. 3/14
  • i really don't care for the emmeline trend at all, sorry. belle is cheesy to me, too. i hear it on so many kids.
  • I love it and think it sounds like a sweet, adorable girl with good manners :D

You can always do Bella

Me(30) DH(36) TTC #1 since October 2011 <a href="http://www.thenest.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=HTML&utm_campaign=tickers" title="Home D
  • I love Emmeline!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Well, this wolf...that is what you called us right?...this wolf thinks it sounds country as well....makes me want to yell yyyeeeeehhaaaawww.
  • Are you pronouncing it 'line' or 'lynn' ?

I like the name Emmeline (lynn), but not Belle.. and especially not together either way.

If you love the name Belle then use it. 

Q :  06.25.10
    W : 01.11.13

#3 : due 11.02.15

• It's NMS at all, but I think it's pretty. I agree that it's got a southern feel, but I think that makes it a bit charming.

• Thanks to everyone for all the feedback! I really do appreciate the honest opinions. Somehow it never crossed my mind that the name has a southern sound to it so I'm really glad everyone pointed that out. I don't live in the south (NYC) so I'm not sure if it will change whether or not I use the name but it's certainly something to think about and discuss with DH. 

Oh, and for those who asked I'd pronounce it Emma-LINE like Caroline.  

• I get more of a princessy, frilly feel off of this name than I do a southern feel. It's totally nms, but that's okay. Acceptable choice.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    I just want to give you a world as beautiful as you are to me.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • imageAshleyC0117:

Thanks to everyone for all the feedback! I really do appreciate the honest opinions. Somehow it never crossed my mind that the name has a southern sound to it so I'm really glad everyone pointed that out. I don't live in the south (NYC) so I'm not sure if it will change whether or not I use the name but it's certainly something to think about and discuss with DH. 

Good! That's the way I like it too.

Started TTC 2/2009
    6 failed medicated IUI's

....OR NOT.
    Here we go again...
    Due 8/26/19!
  • imagekellyrn9956:
    imageAshleyC0117:

Thanks to everyone for all the feedback! I really do appreciate the honest opinions. Somehow it never crossed my mind that the name has a southern sound to it so I'm really glad everyone pointed that out. I don't live in the south (NYC) so I'm not sure if it will change whether or not I use the name but it's certainly something to think about and discuss with DH. 

Just curious if you've thought of a middle name to pair with it? 

• Pretty. I like Belle

Mother of  Sable Rene' & Clifton Michael
    Blog    Names
  • It reminds me of Gone With the Wind. Not terrible but I don't like it either. 
  • imageAshleyC0117:

I thought that it was lynn. But now I really don't like it sorry. 

• imageAshleyC0117:
    imagekellyrn9956:
    imageAshleyC0117:

Emmaline Louise

Started TTC 2/2009
    6 failed medicated IUI's

....OR NOT.
    Here we go again...
    Due 8/26/19!
  • imageAshleyC0117:

Honest opinions are welcome! 

Emmeline Belle C.    (last name is 2 syllables and sounds like Carlson) 

I've gotten a lot of negative feedback about Belle but I really love it and was even considering it as a first name for a while. Alright ladies-- let's hear your feedback! 

I really don't like either name, sorry. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageAshleyC0117:
    imagekellyrn9956:

Emmaline Louise

Love Emmaline Louise! Beautiful name.  

• Love it! Belle is one of my favorite girl names, but a cousin just named their baby Isabelle and call her Belle so its probably a no for us!
    My furchildren, Dorothy and Johnny :)
  • I love Emmeline, and Belle but not together for some reason.

I like Frances or Grace for MN's.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"