North Carolina Babies

Stolen poll from MM: What did you do for your 30th bday?

I've got a good idea what I want to do next year but I'd love to hear what some of you have done.

Re: Stolen poll from MM: What did you do for your 30th bday?

• I'm drawing a blank, so I'm assuming nothing big. I'm sure we went to dinner or something. Or maybe the beach, because it was near our one year anniversary too.

Yeah. Exciting, huh?!

photo c107d4aa-9909-4a33-b3bd-bd94168bd5fc.jpg

• When I was 30, I was still single and childless as were most of my friends.  We went to Key West, FL for a long weekend.  I don't know if it was my friends at the time or what, but it was really easy.  I pretty much said "I'm going to Key West on these dates for my 30th, want to go?" and ended up with about 15 people!

Good luck - I hope you find a memorable and fun way to celebrate!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I was still BFing E on my 30th birthday, but we did decide to go away for the night.  My birthday is near Christmas & we were visiting my parents in Atlanta, so we had babysitters!  We stayed in a nice hotel in Buckhead, had a delicious dinner and went to bed without a baby monitor!  It was heaven.  Except for the part where I had to pump.  This was my first time away from E for more than a couple of hours and it was VERY uncomfortable, but I enjoyed the little break.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm pretty sure we just went to a nice dinner. Nothing else stands out!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My sister took a kid free weekend to Asheville and visited Biltmore. I hope to do something similar. 
    image Caleb is 3! 101 in 1001
  • Mine is next year, but for DH's I surprised him with a trip to Miami.  We stayed in South Beach for 3 days, lounged on the beach all day and went out at night to nice restaurants and bars.  We had no kids at that point so it was easier to do, but I am hoping we'll do something fun.  DH's cousin is getting married in the Dominican Republic 2 weeks after my birthday so I hope we will go there and do something.
  • I was pregnant with like 6 weeks pregnant with Jocelyn and I woke up spotting (so that was not fun). My parents and sister were in town and we went to dinner and that was about it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • The hubs threw me a surprise 30th b-day party!!  I was also very 'newly' pregnant at the time, LOL.  I really wanted to go out dancing and do it up big-time... but I kind of let that dream die when I found out I was pg.  :)  The party was fun, even though I couldn't drink and it was hard faking it since we didn't want to tell everyone just yet. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I don't know, it feels like 20 years ago!  I wasn't even engaged yet.  I think I did a nice dinner with now-DH on Friday, the day before my birthday, and then a casual dinner with friends on Saturday, my actual birthday.  I don't even remember where we went on Saturday though, or who was there *at all*!  I just remember being happy that it worked well to go out twice since it was a big birthday. :)
    Pregnant with #1 with PCOS and LPD, success with mostly naturopathic treatments
    Our Thanksgiving Day baby 11/22/07

imageimageimage

Pregnant with #2 with LPD, uterine polyp/hysteroscopy, DOR (AMH = 0.17), 2 c/ps
    Our early Christmas present 12/9/10
  • We had a pig picking at my parents' house. They like to have one in the summer if they can, so we often have one near my birthday & my dad's bday (his is just 10 days after mine). It was one of those "good excuse to have a party" type things.
  • I was single at the time so my friends and I decided to whoop it up.  We went to Vegas for a long weekend and had a fantastic time.  I think it ended up being 8 of us that made the trip.  Out of the 8 that went - 5 of us were turning 30 within weeks of each other. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • DH and I had just gotten engaged a few months before.  We were in the Netherlands visiting his extended family over my birthday.  On my 30th, I picked out my wedding dress in Leiden, Netherlands and then that night we went out to dinner with DH's extended family to celebrate my and my MIL (her 70th was 7 days before mine) birthdays.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I haven't had mine yet, neither has DH. I did a surprise BBQ at our house for his 25th though. Man.. 30 is right around the corner.. scary.
  • DH & I went on a cruise for my 30th Big Smile
    Hokie Hokie Hokie Hi! Tech Tech VPI!!! Zoe Elizabeth - Born 8/25/11 image
  • Went to Chateau Elan in Georgia with another couple- spa day with the girl.  Winery tour and restaurant at night as couples.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"