LGBT Parenting

PCP/TTC/ATP Wednesday

Updates?

QOTD: What are your Christmas plans? and What are your dream Christmas plans?

married 03/08/08 -- ttc with PCOS (dx 2005) & DS
IUI #3 gave us the best 2nd anniv. gift ever: 2 babies! (born 03/09/10)
Peanut and Little Man are getting so big! 2 years old already!
finally blogging again at This Will Be: An Adventure

Re: PCP/TTC/ATP Wednesday

• Nothing huge here.  LO is now in a room with toddlers (but not *the* toddler room). It's great because it means more art and hopefully less boredom.  She's been having her moments of terror but nothing out of the norm for her age.

QOTD - We're going home! It will be a short trip (6 days??) but enough time to see both sides of the family.  We debated on whether or not to go but since LO still flies free and we found excellent prices on our tickets we figured we should go for it. Plus this way family can't b!tch at me when I refuse to fly out there next year. :-p

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • TTC-  Still Waiting!!!! LOL.  I hate the term"two weeks"

QOTD: Christmas Eve we are going to see the touring Lion King musical at a theater in Baltimore.  We are calling it our fancy date, getting dressed up, and going out to a fancy restaurant.  Christmas Day we are hosting my mom, granny, brother, sister in law, and nephew for xmas breakfast and in the afternoon my whole family will be at my aunts house.  My in-laws fly in from Western Mass xmas night and we will spend the next few days after that re-celebrating with them.

My dream Christmas will hipefully come true next year.  Xmas is a big deal in my family and I want my on LO to celebrate with.  I look forward to just me, DW and a LO waking up all by ourselves to a shiny tree.

We had three BFN in the Fall of 2011. It is back on to some baby making come June. Swim little fellas, SWIM!!!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Hi, my 18 month old is driving me insane.

We're fine. Henry's fine. He's just being a normal 18 month old, but I am not getting enough sleep and I am not get any breaks, and it is wearing me out. I need to be by myself for a bit to recharge!!  I'm wokring on getting him completely nightweaned once and for all (we were soooo close over the summer and made AMAZING progress with his sleep, and the MOLARS started to happen and we slid back considerably) - he's now not nursing until 5AM, so we are close!! Of course, he's still waking before that to say "Hey, is it time for milk yet??" So the lack of sleep and the fact that I haven't had any real time to myself in about a month, and um, yeah - a bit challenging.  But on Friday I am supposed to get a break for a few glorious hours, and on the weekend C will take over night time duty.

QOTD: This year we are with C's fam in PA. And we are going to take Henry to Hershey Park for their xmas activities. My dream xmas plans would be me, C and Hen at home Smile

Mrs._F
    sahm ~ toddler breastfeeder ~ cloth diaperer ~ baby wearer

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • We got our BFP last Thursday! We are really excited and looking forward to our first appointment in a couple weeks. So far betas look really good but I'm going in again on Saturday.

QOTD: This year we haven't made plans yet. We may cook and just enjoy the day at home together or I may invite my BFF and her husband to come up for the weekend. My dream Christmas will happen next year when we have a little one to celebrate with.

Our NEW Blog
    Married my best friend 5*15*2008 Trying to start our family 8*2011
    unmedicated iui#3= bfp 10/20/11! beta#1=11, beta#2=85, beta#3=741,beta#4=1000,beta#5=2146,beta#6=7454 *please keep doubling* imageimageBabyFruit Ticker
  • PAP: Nothing new, just waiting to see what J decides about her job, hoping to get a copy of our lease tomorrow so we don't have to move, etc, etc.

TTA: Just waiting to see our agency's number on the display when the phone rings, not pushing for info on any situations, just waiting.

ATP: We played cards yesterday and it was amazing to watch how Iz's brain works, she would have her hand on the right card but you could see her second guessing herself and then not picking the right card after mulling over her choices for a minute, it was fascinating.  We definitely need to get the ADD evaluation going soon.  Her behavior has been better lately and she has overall been a more pleasant person to be around.

A has been more well behaved now that she is in soccer, she is also eating a lot more!  Yesterday she told J that her armpits always smell so I stuck my nose in and sniffed (after a sweaty soccer practice), I didn't smell anything so I told her not to worry about it because she smelled fine.  I'm wondering now if I need to consider deodorant for her, she's only 7 which seems young to use deodorant but if she needs it, she needs it, right?

QOTD: No plans yet, we have A for Christmas so we will probably go to my Dad's house and spend the day there.

My dream Christmas plans, which could never happen BTW, are to have Christmas at my Grandparents house like we did when I was a kid.  I want my kids to feel the love and magic that was there during the holidays.

• Jayangel - Congratulations!! Why didn't you AW that shitz all over the board.  Woo-hoo! H&H 9 months to you!
  • imageTwo*True:
    Jayangel - Congratulations!! Why didn't you AW that shitz all over the board.  Woo-hoo! H&H 9 months to you!
    Lol Thanks! We found out really early at 9dpo so I was a little nervous and wanted to wait a few days before posting.
    Our NEW Blog
    Married my best friend 5*15*2008 Trying to start our family 8*2011
    unmedicated iui#3= bfp 10/20/11! beta#1=11, beta#2=85, beta#3=741,beta#4=1000,beta#5=2146,beta#6=7454 *please keep doubling* imageimageBabyFruit Ticker
  • imagejayangel:
    imageTwo*True:
    Jayangel - Congratulations!! Why didn't you AW that shitz all over the board.  Woo-hoo! H&H 9 months to you!
    Lol Thanks! We found out really early at 9dpo so I was a little nervous and wanted to wait a few days before posting.

Yip Yip Yahoo Jayangel!

• imagejayangel:

We got our BFP last Thursday! We are really excited and looking forward to our first appointment in a couple weeks. So far betas look really good but I'm going in again on Saturday.

YAY!! Congrats! I saw another post of yours and saw your ticker and said "wait a minute, I didnt knot there was a BFP!"  

image Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Congrats Jayangel! H&H 9 months to you!

Things are status quo around our house. I have E's first kindergarten parent-teacher conference to attend later today. I think she's doing well in school, so we'll see what her teacher has to say!

QOTD: We are always home for the holidays since E spends part of the time with her dad. My parents will come visit and we may see my brother and SIL depending on what their travel plans are. My parents asked us to do an early Christmas with them at their home (5 hours away) two weeks before because they really want to have a celebration at their home and have E there. My mom is looking at having knee surgery scheduled in the next month or so, so those plans may be cancelled if she has surgery before the holidays. My dream Christmas would be a trip somewhere with a lot of snow and just E and I hanging out enjoying each others company, sledding and spending time together without the usual hustle and bustle.

• imagejayangel:

We got our BFP last Thursday!

Congrats!!!!!

We had three BFN in the Fall of 2011. It is back on to some baby making come June. Swim little fellas, SWIM!!!!
  • WinkCongratulations on the BFP! Big Smile

Things are very up in the air for us right now about Christmas. Jen's last day at her job is 12/15 and she is likely moving to Oregon when we go out there for Christmas, and then I'll come back and send the moving truck with our stuff out there just before the first of the year. We'll see though, a lot of things may change between now and then. I am just looking forward to my mom being in better health and spirits this year, and enjoying the holiday more. A lot to be grateful for even though this has been a crazy fall.

My dream Christmas involves being with my family in a big cabin deep in a snowy wood, sledding, snowball fights, snowshoeing, a big fireplace. And then on Dec. 26th we'd all fly to Hawaii for a week. Wink

• Congratulations on the BFP! Big Smile

Things are very up in the air for us right now about Christmas. Jen's last day at her job is 12/15 and she is likely moving to Oregon when we go out there for Christmas, and then I'll come back and send the moving truck with our stuff out there just before the first of the year. We'll see though, a lot of things may change between now and then. I am just looking forward to my mom being in better health and spirits this year, and enjoying the holiday more. A lot to be grateful for even though this has been a crazy fall.

My dream Christmas involves being with my family in a big cabin deep in a snowy wood, sledding, snowball fights, snowshoeing, a big fireplace. And then on Dec. 26th we'd all fly to Hawaii for a week. Wink

• ATP: Ky is just being Ky. SHe gave up the crazy attachment thing which makes mornings much easier. She is curious about everything and really into looking at books. For the record if I have to read "Who Said Moo" one more time I am going to cry....

TTC: Am I the only one around here praying for my period to start??? Seriously going a little batty waiting. I think I would be better in a 2ww because at least it has a definite end...this is a hey mother nature when the f*** are you jumping on the bandwagon can it pretty please be soon????? I am used to 6/7 week cycles (and it has only been not quite 5) but we are impatient now that we have Clomid in our closet lol.

QOTD: A whole lot of driving is in our Christmas future. We will probably do Christmas at DW's parents house the week before or maybe not since my SIL is due 12/26 and will likely be a repeat c-section (she births big babies and had a failed induction the first time around). Whatever the case we usually do Christmas Eve at DW's grandma's house with her aunt and uncle. Then Christmas morning at her other grandparent's house. Since we cannot leave the dogs alone overnight and cannot take them with us it means we have to make the roughly 90 minute drive Sat evening there and back (3 hours total) and again on Sun there and back (another 3 hours...). Sunday late afternoon/early evening we have Christmas at my mom's house.

My perfect Christmas would involve a lot less driving. I do not mind going to DW's family event but I think three seperate Christmases is overkill. Her mom, Grandma H, and Grandma B all need to do a combined Christmas and that is my final opinion. So in a perfect world we would go to DW's family Christmas Eve (all three combined at one house) and then my family on Christmas Day after having a quiet family Christmas with the three of us in the AM.

imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Update: Lex cut her first tooth this past week and I think is working on a second because the drooly/cranky continues. Eli is still working on potty training. We have moved to underwear at home (but not when we are out) and he is super cute in his batman underwear :)

QOTD--We will juggle our time between my family that is local and Kel's family (all local). We are trying to move family celebrations off of the actual day so that can be just our little family, but that is a slow going sea-change. I think we might be there with my family this year--2 of my sisters and their families will be in town for NYE so we may celebrate then. It would be the first time to get all the cousins together :) 

• Update:  We were going to go ahead and inseminate (even though I'm supposed to have an x-ray soon), but O never showed.  Or, I missed it. Harumph.  Countdown to next cycle!  We'll do 3 ICIs at home.

AOTD: Our dear friend Molly is joining us for our family functions- so fun!  We'll have my side's GTG early so we can all be together.  Then Christmas Eve we'll go to K's, get new jammies, and stay up late playing board games (our tradition).  Then we'll eat Christmas casserole and open gifts!  Afterwards, we'll drive home and go to my parents and have dinner and drinks. My dream Christmas would be to give our families a BFP.  We shall see!

• Can you explain what these abbreviations mean please? I'm still new at this. I know TTC but what about ATP and PCP? I'm embarrassed to ask...but I'd like to participate :) Thank you
    Me(30) & DW(33) Married August 19, 2011. Mommies to a beautiful pooch. TTC#1~IUI#1-Nov 30/12=BFN IUI#2-Dec 30/12 http://mommyandmum.blogspot.ca/
  • imagejayangel:

We got our BFP last Thursday! We are really excited and looking forward to our first appointment in a couple weeks. So far betas look really good but I'm going in again on Saturday.

QOTD: This year we haven't made plans yet. We may cook and just enjoy the day at home together or I may invite my BFF and her husband to come up for the weekend. My dream Christmas will happen next year when we have a little one to celebrate with.

Congrats!!! 

• PCP- Pre-Conception Planning

ATP-All Things Parenting

Smile 

• E was sick this week but is back to her happy self.  Thank god for antibiotics. She was so sick on Sunday night and Monday.  She was great at daycare today.  Her Halloween costume came last week and the leotard I ordered came into the store today so all she needs is some black shoes and my little lady bug is ready to go.  I swear it is soooo cute.  

Brit I hear you for needing a break.  With S in school I am pretty much going it alone most of the time and it is exhausting.  Teaching is such an exhausting job the combination is killing me.  I seriously dream about hotel rooms and fluffy pillows and being alone.  Anyone want to join me??? 

Holidays are going to be our crazy usual driving.   Christmas eve is just us at our place.  We will have Christmas morning at our house then we will start driving.  First stop will be S's sisters for Christmas with the extended family.  Then we drive to my parents for dinner and presents.  It doesn't sound so bad but it a little over an hour to dw's family about 45 min from there to my family and then about an hour from there to home.

My dream holiday would be to be at home all day.  A yummy  meal and playing with all the toys Santa brought E.  Oh and an iphone for me!   

• TTC: Ugh.  Missed the chance to inseminate this month.  According to Fertility Friend, I ovulated on Saturday.  I used my last OPK on Thursday (it was -) and decided not to buy more since I was going to be away over the weekend.  Turns out I was ONE day off -- probably would have had the + OPK on Friday.  Double annoying because ovulation was 5 days later than usual -- if I'd just had a normal cycle, I'd be in my 2ww right now!  And late ovulation = a long cycle = an even longer wait until the next try.  I'd love to be all zen about this stuff but in the 4 months we've been doing this, it's the 2nd time we've missed our opportunity to inseminate and it is SO. FRUSTRATING.

jayangel, congratulations!

Married my wife 8/2007 ~ TTC #1 since 7/2011
    9 IUIs = 9 BFNs
    IVF October 2012: 22 eggs retrieved, 17 fertilized, 5 frozen
    ET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Blighted ovum discovered at 7w5d; D&E
    FET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Missed m/c discovered at 9w5d; D&E
    Karyotyping: normal ~ RPL Testing: normal ~ Hysteroscopy: normal
    FET #2: 1 blast transferred 10/25; BFP 10/31!
    EDD 7/13/14 ~ Induced at 37w4d due to pre-eclampsia ~ Born on 6/28/14
    *Everyone welcome*

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • mandykatie: "We were going to go ahead and inseminate (even though I'm supposed to have an x-ray soon), but O never showed.  Or, I missed it. Harumph."

Are you charting your basal body temperature?  If you ovulated, you should see a temperature spike after the fact.  It's too late by then to do anything, but at least you know whether it happened.

At any rate, I had a similar cycle this month and it sucks.

"My dream Christmas would be to give our families a BFP.  We shall see!"

Ditto!!

9 IUIs = 9 BFNs
    *Everyone welcome*

• Congrats jayangel!!!

imagessg73:

Brit I hear you for needing a break.  With S in school I am pretty much going it alone most of the time and it is exhausting.  Teaching is such an exhausting job the combination is killing me.  I seriously dream about hotel rooms and fluffy pillows and being alone.  Anyone want to join me??? 

A lush hotel bed and 8 hours of sleep sounds positively divine!!  The classic parenting magazine cliche is so true - it can be really hard to find time for ourselves, but we all need it so badly now and again! 

I hope you can carve out a little time for yourself soon, Sam!

Mrs._F

• imagePrincessLeash:
    Can you explain what these abbreviations mean please? I'm still new at this. I know TTC but what about ATP and PCP? I'm embarrassed to ask...but I'd like to participate :) Thank you

You don't know what they mean because we made them up Wink

We invented those abbreviations to try to make this thread as inclusive as possible - for all of us, no matter where we are in the parenting journey. Basically it's just a designated weekly place to say where we're at with all things related to TTC and/or Parenting.

Mrs._F

• I don't chart the way I should, lately.  I've been missing a lot of temps b/c I've been sleeping terribly (I'm in a lot of pain).  This cycle was kind of shrug and see what happens.  I was pretty much using OPKs and CF.  Hopefully by next cycle I'll be back to normal!
  • imagemandykatie:
    I don't chart the way I should, lately.  I've been missing a lot of temps b/c I've been sleeping terribly (I'm in a lot of pain).  This cycle was kind of shrug and see what happens.  I was pretty much using OPKs and CF.  Hopefully by next cycle I'll be back to normal!

Hope the pain gets better soon and your sleep improves!  This process is hard enough WITH sleep... :)

9 IUIs = 9 BFNs
    *Everyone welcome*

• I'm late because I was at an all day board "retreat" (read: all day board meeting), but I want to play. 

Jayangel, congrats!

Leap, when you're all settled in perhaps we can have a meet-up.

PCP: I'm doing really well physically and it's making me excited for ttc next year, hopefully around Feb.

QOTD: C and I aren't big Christmas people. I enjoy the family time and spirit of generosity, but this year I'm opting out and going to a 10-day meditation retreat in Oregon. I still have to tell all the family, but it's my gift to myself. I look forward to spending a future Christmas with the family and a new little one, probably not 2012 (although possibly) but hopefully by 2013.

Met 07/07/05, Wedding 07/07/07, Legal Marriage Ceremony 12/9/12, Baby Boy Born 08/09/13 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • If Joy can play late, so can I.  :)  My new work responsibilities are making it harder to spend much time on the bump during the day, sadly.

Congratulations Jay! 

TTC: Wait, wait, waiting.  TTC is full of waiting.

QOTD: We are once again splitting our time between DW's family and my family.  We'll fly to be in WI with hers for Christmas day and a few days afterwards, and then fly to be with my family in New England for my birthday and New Year's (my parents will drive out from the midwest).  My family will do a fake Christmas celebration together.  It's a lot of travel, but it's really nice to get to see both families around that time.  I really love Christmas, and I hope we continue to be able to spend them with our extended families even though we don't live near them.   Oh, and I'm with everyone else on wanting the BFP for Christmas!!

TTC with PCOS since July 2011.
    IVF Oct/Nov 2012
    Beta #1 = 77, Beta #2 = 190, Beta #3 = 1044
    Cautiously optimistic.
  • Congrats Jay!!! So excited for you!

Update: We are plugging along this week.  RB has been doing really well - some normal toddler defiance, but school reports have been good and she's generally manageable at home.  They've also started working on PTing at daycare which i'm so excited about. Sprout was a handful this weekend (he was pissed/anxious/acting out about my work travel) but DW reports that he was good while I was away. Daisy is officially a stander but not *quite* yet a walker...i think we are getting close. eeek.

QOTD: We'll probably host Christmas at home for my family.  Its one of the more manageable holidays since DW's family has no interest in it (Jewish), though this year Hanukkah and Christmas overlap so we'll have to figure something out. I enjoy hosting and its easier on the kids to stay home so its close to my ideal. 

But if we are really talking a dream christmas, it would be spent tucked away, just the 5 of us, in some super plush yet cozy vermont cottage.  Fireplace, pillow forts, fuzzy slippers, and a personal chef ;)

• imagejayangel:

CONGRATS!!! 

• Updates?  Nope. None. I had "back pocket" Halloween costumes in mind--but I don't think we're going to need them.  Hmmm. 

Christmas?  My ideal will hopefully happen. Laid-back Christmas with a kid or two. We go to my parents house and open gifts, hang out and eat all day.  We might amend plans some--it tends to be two really long days. 

But, yes, my ideal plan would be much like leapgirls--get on a plane and go away for a week to somewhere warm and chill afterward. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"