Georgia Babies
Options

someone please tell me where Carrollton, GA is

and why it looks like the only hotel in the city is 1 Best Western.  We're coming up next weekend for a gymnastics meet, where should I stay?

Re: someone please tell me where Carrollton, GA is

• Options
    It's darn near Alabama, is where it is. It's out I-20.
    Lil' G was born April 25, 2008! Big C was born September 28, 2011! Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

Hampton Inn is nicer ;)

EDD 1/8/10 - our sweet sunshine DD born 12/30/09
    EDD 2/15/14 - Stillbirth at 21 wks 10/02/13
    EDD 8/12/15 - MMC 1/12/15
    EDD 12/24/15

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagemingaling1:

Hampton Inn is nicer ;)

the nearest Hilton family hotel I saw was 34 freaking miles away.  Is that for real?!?

• Options
    imageK&P414:
    imagemingaling1:

Hampton Inn is nicer ;)

the nearest Hilton family hotel I saw was 34 freaking miles away.  Is that for real?!?

According to Hilton's site, there are two HI in the Carrollton area; one in Carrollton and one in Bremen which is a few miles outside of Carrollton.  I have a cousin that lives in Carrollton and it is not too small of a town so you should be able to find some decent hotels.

• Options
    There's a Hampton Inn, Holiday Inn Express (right next door), Jameson Inn, and SEVERAL others.  I'd go for Hampton or Holiday Inn.  PP was right - it's off of I-20 just before Alabama.  It's about 1 hr 15 minutes from Atlanta.  I went to the University of West GA, so I'm just chock-FULL of useless Carrollton info!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imagesusangilchrist:
    I went to the University of West GA, so I'm just chock-FULL of useless Carrollton info!

Ha!  Yeah, I think there are a few more options there.

EDD 1/8/10 - our sweet sunshine DD born 12/30/09
    EDD 2/15/14 - Stillbirth at 21 wks 10/02/13
    EDD 8/12/15 - MMC 1/12/15
    EDD 12/24/15

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 

• Options

ahh my home town. you can stay with my parents! haha!

where is the meet at? the college? There's a holiday inn express and a hampton inn right next to each other that will probably be your best bet. there's a chick fil a across the highway from them! as far as other places to eat, the downtown square area has actually gotten pretty nice and they have a few restaurants, a coffee shop, etc. no starbucks or dunkin donuts in town though. the corner cafe is good place for lunch. every fast food joint known to man is in town times at least 2 mcdonalds, zaxbys, burger king, arby's, wendys, etc.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options

It's the Carrollton Classic, I think it is at the rec center? Northside Drive.  I figured out why I couldn't find the Hampton Inn, I didn't search for "all Hilton family hotels." 

Jess, you should totally come hang out with me, my husband and Tess aren't coming.

• Options

Yeah i only go back to carrollton when I have to. ha! although really i shouldn't diss it this much, it has gotten much better than when I lived there.

so while those hotels are on the opposite side of the city from the rec center, you will be able to take the bypass around the city and it isn't that far. bonus is you'll get to pass the massive concrete cylinder that is the county jail. woohoo! Stick out tongue it is a straight shot on I-20 for you from Augusta.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"