• Options

Mixed Potato Bake

5-8 red skin potatoes

2- 4 sweet potatotes

Drizzle of olive oil or earth balance spread

2 tsp italian seasoning

2 tsp garlic

salt and pepper to taste

Dice the red potatoes and sweet potatoes into small pieces. Mix together in a baking pan and drizzle with olive oil or earth balance spread so that they are coated well. Sprinkle on your seasonings and mix well. Bake at 350 for 45 mins. My son LOVES THIS. I puree it a little and use it as a safe side to his meat and veggies.

Yummy Tender Flank Steak

1 package of flank steak ( I buy the one that is prepacked at the store that is a pound to 2 pounds)

1/2 cup orange juice

4-5 cloves of garlic

1/3 cup of Balsamic Vinegar (make sure yours does not contain soy if you have to avoid it)

1 small onion, chopped

1/3 cup of soy and dairy free chicken broth

salt and pepper to taste

I just put the frozen or fresh flank steak into my crockpot and add all of the ingredients. I turn the setting to low and cook for 6-8 hours. We love it!  

I am in desparate need for breakfast ideas ladies!!! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I've been a lazy cook this week also.  Tonight we're having plain grilled chicken and potatoes so nothing exciting.

However- with the holidays coming up- does anyone have some recipies for things like:

- GF stuffing

-GF pie crust

-dairy free pumpkin pie

etc. etc. There are a ton of ideas on-line but I don't have time to try them all ahead of time and I'd hate to make something and it tates gross on turkey day.   I'm already stressing about how I'm going to pull off a holiday meal that our non-allergic family will enjoy and doesn't totall leave me and my kiddo to fend for ourselves. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options

This bread is such a hit at our house. I know I got the recipe here so I will share again.

2 cups flour (we use Bob Mills GF flour mix)

2 1/2 tsp. baking powder
    1/4 tsp. salt
    1 cup sugar
    3 tbsp. oil
    1 1/2 cups bananas, mashed (about 3-4)
    1 tsp. vanilla
    1 1/3 cups blueberries

In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt.  In a large bowl, whisk together sugar, oil, bananas, and vanilla.  Add in flour mixture and stir until just combined.  Fold in blueberries, then pour batter into a sprayed 9x5 loaf pan.  Bake at 350 for 60 minutes or until a toothpick comes out mostly clean.  Cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely before slicing.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagewatermelonmargarita:

This bread is such a hit at our house. I know I got the recipe here so I will share again.

2 cups flour (we use Bob Mills GF flour mix)

2 1/2 tsp. baking powder
    1/4 tsp. salt
    1 cup sugar
    3 tbsp. oil
    1 1/2 cups bananas, mashed (about 3-4)
    1 tsp. vanilla
    1 1/3 cups blueberries

In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt.  In a large bowl, whisk together sugar, oil, bananas, and vanilla.  Add in flour mixture and stir until just combined.  Fold in blueberries, then pour batter into a sprayed 9x5 loaf pan.  Bake at 350 for 60 minutes or until a toothpick comes out mostly clean.  Cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely before slicing.

I'm totally making this!  

• Options

Ya'll know about mspimama blog right?  Anyway, I made her pumpkin muffins today - very good, especially with a little earth balance coconut butter.

https://www.mspimama.com/2011/10/pumpkin-muffins.html

Brady Hunter 08/12/08 Carter Joseph 07/31/11 image
  • Options
    I just made a roast with a jar pf pepperchinis in the crockpot Not too spicy at all and really good and versatile. we had it over rice one night and then on rolls topped with cheese and toasted
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    br
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersbr>
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options

I made my MIL's veggie and beef soup. It could easily be ammended to fit your allergy needs

Soup bone(s) & chuck roast or more expensive cut beef brisket
    Soup bunch (in the fresh vegetable section)
    Beef broth or water
    1 can Tomato paste or sauce
    Fresh or frozen green beans
    Frozen corn on the cob or can corn
    Can of peas
    Spaghetti or any kind of pasta
    Salt & Pepper

Use the biggest pot you have b/c no matter how I try to make a small amount it always turn out huge. 

1)  Cut up chuck roast and add soup bones in beef broth, S&P and cover and cook until meat starts to pull away from bone.   When meat pulls away from the bone, remove the bones from the pot but leave the meat.  

2)  Now you add onions, celery, garlic, tomato sauce or paste & turnip.  Let cook about 1/2 hour.

3) Then add cabbage, cook for about 1/2 hour.

4) Add carrots, fresh green beans, potato, corn, peas and whatever else you have from the soup bunch.  You can add any vegetable you want or add more than what the soup bunch gave you. 

5) Lastly add spaghetti or pasta.

imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"