North Carolina Babies

Project muffin top melt

I've had a foot injury since 2008 and am hopeful that a custom orthodic is going to allow me to FINALLY work out again.  After DS1 was born, I did walking and then jogging to get back into shape.  But soon after getting going with working out, I injured my foot.  So calorie cutting was the only way I could lose the baby weight at that point.  I got down to a good weight but my belly was still pretty squishy.  :)

With DS2 I obviously took it REALLY easy during the pregnancy (b/c of preterm labor issues) and I haven't done much of anything work out wise both because of my foot and because I've just been lazy and overwhelmed with all the life changes we've had (moving, new jobs, 2 kids, etc.).

But I am now ready to try and get rid of my muffin top.  I'm about 10 pounds over my prepreg weight and I'm actually OK with the number on the scale but I'm not happy with my midsection.  I look like I'm pregnant...no lie!

So how can I try to melt off the muffin top?  I'm assuming it's good ole cardio, calorie watching, and ab work. Any advice/tips? 

Kim

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Project muffin top melt

• haha I'd like to know!!

0Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Congrats on your new/renewed endeavor!

I've found what works best for me is to have a goal that is date-specific, then start by aiming for that date and do what it takes to get there.

Some ideas-

1) P90x or 30-day shred.  Challenge yourself to follow it for 30 days

2) Pick a race or competition (5k run/walk, triathlon, whatever floats your boat), find a training plan, train for it, and do it, or

3) Make up a competition with a friend/spouse: log your workouts, and whoever has the most workouts per week/month wins.  My DH and I did this years ago and it was a lot of fun.  We set the stakes/prizes in advance.  Each of us made a list of 'things' we could win for the weekly competition (i.e. the other person makes dinner, 10 minute back rub, get to pick the movie, etc.) and then a grand prize at the end of the competition (a fancy dinner/night out, etc). 

Overall, I've learned that I do best if I have a goal, a friend involved and the activities are mixed up.  GL!!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Well apparently I really need to go on a diet because when I saw this post, I though, yum, what are "Muffin top melts"...hahaha!!! I need help!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagedbertagni:
    Well apparently I really need to go on a diet because when I saw this post, I though, yum, what are "Muffin top melts"...hahaha!!! I need help!

LMAO!

Kim - I wish I knew! I'm guessing good old cardio, but also, it seems like the fat just gathers there now that we've had kids. Even when I get my weight down, I can't get rid of the muffin top :( 

Rachel & Bill 9-10-05, Liam Andrew born 5-30-08 (formerly lakebride05)
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • dbert--that is hilarious!  :)

Rachel--I know! I was almost down to my high school weight on our Belize trip and I still had a squishy muffin top.  Uggh!  I'm going to give it a try and see what happens.  Although I don't want to mess up my milk supply so we'll see how it goes.

Kim

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagecrescentmoon99:

imagedbertagni:
    Well apparently I really need to go on a diet because when I saw this post, I though, yum, what are "Muffin top melts"...hahaha!!! I need help!

LMAO!

Kim - I wish I knew! I'm guessing good old cardio, but also, it seems like the fat just gathers there now that we've had kids. Even when I get my weight down, I can't get rid of the muffin top :( 

I am with crescent moon! I weight 5 pounds less than I did before I had DS and my belly is still squishy. I walk and run, but I don't do any stomach work. I really don't know if it will help, I think it is just the side effect of having two babies. But if you find something that works, please let us know ;-)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"