Postpartum Depression

Day 1 of Zoloft and ??

How long after you started your meds did you notice a difference?  I will start therapy tomorrow, so also interested to see how that goes...

TIA!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Christmas PJ's! Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Day 1 of Zoloft and ??

• It can take weeks to kick in, but saying that, I started to notice subtle changes after the first week. I started therapy way before the medicine though (as in, years) so I'm not sure if starting it at the same time as meds is different. I'm glad you are making those steps though!
    Wyatt 9/6/2011 
    Tessa 7/5/2013
    Baby #3- ????? (ttc soon)

• Thank you.  I wasn't sure if it was the medicine kicking in already or just because it was me feeling a "relief" that help was starting to come... may sound funny, but I do feel a sense of weight off my shoulders now that I am seeking the help I needed for a bit.
    Christmas PJ's! Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • The first day I started I took a double does to get a kick start (per dr orders) and that first day felt great.  the second day was back to the way it was before (so dissapointing).  Within a week I was feeling somewhat better and within 2 weeks I was feeling much better.  Keep it going, you've got a target and some therapy to help get you there!
  • About 2 weeks - you need time for the meds to build up in your system.

Make sure you exercise daily too that helps a lot! Even went I didn't feel like it - it made me calmer and easier to relax at night.

All of the sudden you will start to feel like your old self. If it?s not working by week 2 call your doctor. I have had to have meds adjusted and added on to make them work.

Good luck!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"