North Carolina Babies

Raleigh restaurant rec?

DH and I are going to Goodnights Comedy Club on Friday night.  We'd like to try out a new restaurant beforehand.  Any recommendations nearby or North Raleigh (so it's on the way there from our house)?  TIA
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Raleigh restaurant rec?

• Have you ever been to Humble Pie? It's a tapas restaurant that I really like. If it's warm, they have a nice patio. It's just around the corner from The Pit.

PieBird might also be nice. They have savory and dessert pies. It's a block from Krispy Kreme.

If you haven't been to 18 Seaboard, that's also really yummy.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • All of uncjules' suggestions are great!  The only one I would add would be Bu-ku.  Love that place.
  • Loading the player...
  • We went to J. Betski's a couple of months ago and it was surprisingly good. It's German food, and I wasn't sure I'd like it--but I loved it! It's right beside 18 Seaboard (which I agree is delish also!).

photo c107d4aa-9909-4a33-b3bd-bd94168bd5fc.jpg

• Mura in North Hills if you like sushi.

Sitti downtown, its Lebanese and delicious.

I don't know how recently others have been to 18 Seasboard but I've been in the last couple weeks and it wasn't as good as it has been in the past. 

• We've been dying to try Bu Ku, I heard it is really good. We are having a date night on Saturday and going to the new Tribeca Tavern on Falls, I heard it is really good.
  • I always like Irregardless Cafe.  It's pretty  much next door to Goodnights.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Irregardless Cafe is great.  We go there quite often for celebrations (new years, anniversaries, valentines day, birthdays, etc). 
  • imageAKH307:
    Irregardless Cafe is great.  We go there quite often for celebrations (new years, anniversaries, valentines day, birthdays, etc). 

I have never eaten in the restaurant but my old work would get catering from there monthly and it was always very good. 

• Back before DD arrived, DH & I were serious foodies. Here are some of our faves.

Downtown: Sono (sushi), Oxford (High end Pub), Mint (Fine Dining), Irregardless (seasonal/good vegetarian options), Vic's (Italian), Pit (BBQ), Humble Pie (Tapas), Sullivans (Steak House), 18 Seaboard (seasonal), Jibarra (Mexican fusion), Dos Taquitoes (Traditional Mexican), Sitti (Lebanese); 518 West (Italian); Zely & Ritz (seasonal); Five Star (Chinese); Solas (Fine Dining); Market (seasonal; also has the added bonus of being beside Escazu for dessert!)

I don't have much experience with North Raleigh restaurants; but DH & I loved Croquette (French).

Hokie Hokie Hokie Hi! Tech Tech VPI!!! Zoe Elizabeth - Born 8/25/11 image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"