C-sections
Options

1st time scheduled csection..

my last pregnancy i was going to have my little girl normally but at the end everything changed and i had to have an emergency csection this time my OB is going the safe route and giving me a scheduled csection so the same thing doesnt happen again. My question is what do they do to prep you for the section, how early do they make you be there etc?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: 1st time scheduled csection..

• Options

I am having my first scheduled c-section too, and they said for me to be at the hospital 2 hours before my actual appointment time. As far as prep....I know some doctors are different on what they like to use for anesthesia/pain med, etc. You will just have to ask your doctor what they recommend.  I know I am not supposed to eat or drink anything after midnight  before the surgery., Mine is scheduled for Nov. 7th at 8:15 in the morning. Good-luck! Smile

• Options

This is my first scheduled s-section. I will have to go in at 7:30am, but we have to do amnio first to check her lung development. If all is well,we will deliver at noon. I am not allowed to eat, drink or chew anything after midnight.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My doctor/hospital required me to go in at midnight the night before.  They did some bloodwork etc and then told me to get some sleep.  About 5:30am, they came in and started prepping me.  My c-section was scheduled for 7:30.
  • Options

You get to the hospital 2 hours early, then get checked in and brought to the room. You go over paperwork and questions with your nurse. Get an IV. Then you get brought to surgery, spinal placed, and surgery started. 

My surgery took around two hours from start to finish, but I would take it over the 21 hours of labor I had the first time around.

Your Drs office should be able to answer any other questions you have. Best of luck to you! 

PS- Make sure you fast! No food or water at all 12 hours prior! 

• Options

I had a 1:30 operating room time and had to be at the hospital to check in at 11.

In labor and delivery I had to pee in a cup (not easy) then stay strapped to a fetal monitor for an hour.  I also had to have a liter of fluid interveinusly before surgery. After the hour and the OK for the OR we were off.

Once in the OR they prepped me for the spinal, gave me the spinal, laid me down, brought in The Mister and we were essentially off.

My whole birth and recovery stories are in my blog if you are curious.

• Options

My Csection was sort of a shock that day, we actually went in for an amnio but had our LO instead......

As for the prep time, I checked in at 10 (for another proedure), still had to get an iv, pee in a cup, fill out paperwork, and was wheeled into the OR by 10:30, no joke! Baby was here at 11:51 and I was out of OR by12:30.

"You and me together can do anything, baby!!" DMB
    Married October 16th, 2010
    TTC #1 since October 2010
    1st BFP 1-12-11
    MC'd 1-22-11
    2nd BFP 2-15-11
    Our Wee One....**KENNEDY JO** born 10/3/11@ 36weeks via Csection
    My BFP Chart
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Labor Buddy to **MRS.ATCH** Welcome Quinn 11-5-11**
This discussion has been closed.