Pregnant after 35
Options

non-stress test monitoring coming up this week?

I have never had this done. I am 39 yrs. old. baby is due this Thursday and I am only 1 cm. dilated. Doctor just wants to make sure all is well inside. Heartbeats sound great, my blood pressure is fantastic. Anyone have this done? My doctor also mentioned that if she's not out on her own by week 41, they'll go and get her and induce. Very different experience with my 1st daughter when I was 35 yrs. old. They did none of this stuff and she was 4 days late....Just wondering about this test. I imagine everything is fine , just wanted some feed-back..thanks ladies!

Re: non-stress test monitoring coming up this week?

• Options
    Yes, but it's routine here (I am in Germany). No big deal - I lie there for 20min or so and he monitors baby's HR and if I am contracting. I started at 32 weeks.
    b/w=FSH 15.6, AMH 0.4 surprise natural BFP on 3/12/11
    DS born via unplanned C-section at 40w6d

• Options
    Super simple test!  I had it once a week in the third tri and twice a week in the last month.  You just lounge in the lazy boy while they hook up the straps around your belly to listen to the babe.  They watch for the heartrate to rise and fall as the baby sleeps and wakes and moves about.  My little one was notorious for getting the hiccups which you could hear, very clearly on the monitor and had everyone in the office laughing.  If the baby is sleeping, they might try to wake her with a little buzzer on your belly or give you a cool glass of water to sip.  They are looking for a certain number of "crests" in the heartrate in a certain amount of time to ensure she isn't in distress, getting enough oxygen, generally still happy as a clam where she is. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Yes it is very easy test. I had this twice weekly in my last trimester with my daughter. (she was small and they wanted to make sure she was OK) As previous posters described, they will put the belt around your abdomen  to monitor the baby's heartrate. They are looking for occasional accelerations to signify the baby is moving and getting adequate oxygen. 

• Options
    I have them done twice a week since 32wks, its no big deal, bring a book to read. you just lay there with the monitors and they keep and eye on the baby and monitor contractions. you get to hear the heartbeat and movement which is always nice though :) GL Im sure it will be fine 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I had one a few weeks ago, and now that I've hit 36 weeks will be getting one weekly.  Like the other ladies said, it's no big deal, you're just hooked up to a monitor for about 20 minutes.  Bring something to read- the last time I didn't realize how long I'd be there, so I wound up staring at the ceiling most of the time.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"