Food Allergy

F/U: Non-diagnosed food allergies

XP from multliples: The pedi gave us a referral to the allergist for the first week in November. What should I expect from our first appointment at the allergist's office? Thanks!
Eli and Charlie born at 33w6d image

Re: F/U: Non-diagnosed food allergies

• if you can bring another adult with you- that would probably be helpful.  That way you have someone to entertain/keep the boys busy while you ask questions/take notes etc.  When you make your apt you should be able to find out if they are planning to do a scratch/skin test or a RAST (bloodwork) test or both.  If you are doing skin testing you'll need to pull certain meds in advance (like benedryl, hydracortizone etc.) so that they don't effect the results. 

Bring a list of the trigger foods and reactions that you've noticed. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageg_belle:

if you can bring another adult with you- that would probably be helpful.  That way you have someone to entertain/keep the boys busy while you ask questions/take notes etc.  When you make your apt you should be able to find out if they are planning to do a scratch/skin test or a RAST (bloodwork) test or both.  If you are doing skin testing you'll need to pull certain meds in advance (like benedryl, hydracortizone etc.) so that they don't effect the results. 

Bring a list of the trigger foods and reactions that you've noticed. 

Thats great advice!

I know it's can be challenging waiting in a dr's office. I would try to take them separately. Do you have someone who can watch baby A while B is testing. then have a separate time for the next baby. The appointment can take up to two hours. You will want to comfort both children so I would try to have an extra set of hands. good luck!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"