Natural Birth

Most Delicious Drink!

I have been mixing a little bit of Ceres Mango Juice with my iced RRL Tea and it is so yummy!

I could easily drink a gallon of it a day...any idea if it's not smart to drink too much RRL?

Re: Most Delicious Drink!

• too much? not sure. recommended daily amounts are 1 cup in the first trimester, 2-3 cups in the second and 3-4 cups in the 3rd.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • what is RRL tea?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • imagecouliegirl:
    what is RRL tea?

Red Raspberry Leaf Tea. :)

• imageNovas Mommy:

imagecouliegirl:
    what is RRL tea?

Red Raspberry Leaf Tea. :)

Got it. Thanks. What is it supposed to do? and if you are using it, is it working?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • I'd like some more info on it, too! I've read it's supposed to strengthen the uterus. I won't have my first appointment until middle to late November, and it's with an OB not a mid-wife. I really doubt she's going to recommend it or even ok it. We haven't hired our doula yet either. I know the risk with VBAC is the scar rupturing, but if the uterus is strong, it can't hurt, right?
  • What a great idea!! Mmmm Smile
  • Thanks for the reply! (re: 3-4 cups)  I thought it was still 2-3 in 3rd so that's good news.  I really like it. 

From what I've read it helps your uterus contract during labour (and can possibly shorten labour), and it helps with healing after birth, also possibly reduces the incidence of tearing.

Also has properties that strengthen the uterine tract and can therefore help with UTIs.

Some people say it can bring on labour but I haven't found anything that supports that. I read some blogs (Pregnant Chicken I think) and she said she was trying to get labour going and drank a ton of the tea and it didn't start labor but she thinks it helped with the healing process.

I'm going to my MW tomorrow and I will see what she says :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"