D.C. Area Babies
Options

Toddler moms...what are your plans for LO on Halloween?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Toddler moms...what are your plans for LO on Halloween?

• Options
    Trick or treating.  We even took him last year and he was walking and walked up to every door... so I imagine he'll be even better at it this year. 
  • Options
    Last year DD was 4 so we trick or treated on our whole street which is probably about 20 or 25 houses. We ended up having to carry DS a lot of the way because at 2, he got tired pretty quickly.  When DD was 2 and 3 and DS was a baby we just did a few houses near us, maybe 5 or 6. They love answering the door and handing out candy. I am pretty sure DD enjoyed answering the door as much or more than trick or treating. 
    Married 7.9.05
    DD1 9.24.06
    DS 7.1.08
    twins due 9.7.11 lost twin A at
    DD2 4.7.12
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

ours are 3y.o. and 16mo and we'll go to a few houses. Last year I took my DD to a few houses, DS didn't go. There are also activities in Ashburn/Leesburg area on Sat that we are going to, during the day.

on Mon, we'll do dinner, bath and then put on costumes and go out, after we come back, we'll just have to put on PJs and brush teeth and then - it's bed!

• Options

Last year we only went to a few houses of people who know us in the neighborhood, this year we might do the same, but also hit other houses. DD has a relatively early bedtime (7:00), and we try to stick to that give or take 30 minutes, so it's a little limiting for stuff like this.

imageLilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers"
  • Options
    We're going to go trick-or-treating to a few houses on our street. I'm not sure how long we'll be out; it depends on how long M stays happy and interested.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    We start bedtime a little too early for ToTing (6:30), so at most we'll take T for a short walk in her butterfly wings if there's time.
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    DD will go trick or treating with us.  DS has participated trick or treating in some form for every Halloween except his first (when he was 6 months old).  The first year, we only visited one or two houses b/c he was really frightened of a lot of decorations.  Then he just helped us hand out candy.
  • Options
    When DD was 19 months we took her to a few houses on our block. This year, at 2.5, we'll take her to a few more houses with DS in tow, he's nine months.
  • Options

We're actually going to my dad's house for the evening. He loooves handing out candy and seeing the little kids' costumes, but he barely gets any trick or treaters so I think C will make up for that. My cousin's town does trick or treating this Saturday, so we're going to visit for that and a little party afterwards.

Our trick or treat traffic has dropped dramatically in recent years (which is really odd - we live in a safe neighborhood and there are a lot of houses per street), so I don't feel too bad about not being home on Halloween night.  As DH said, "This way we don't have to waste $60 in candy for my coworkers to eat."

• Options
    We'll do an abbreviated trick or treat hitting about a dozen houses in our neighborhood.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    We didn't take DS trick or treating until he was 2 and 2 months.  Before that, I just did play group halloween parties.  This year he's 3 and trick or treating and has several Halloween parties.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"