Two Under 2
Options

Introducing #1 to #2

Hi All,

I don't often post to this board but I wanted to see if you all had any good ways of introducing #1 to #2? DD will be 22 months when we have #2 and she gets MAD when I pay attention to any other kids. I know it'll be good for her to have a little brother or sister but it kills me to think of it hurting her to see me loving another baby.

One person said it was good to have #2 in the nursery when #1 comes to the hospital and let #1, "go get the new baby." Any other good ideas?

BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Introducing #1 to #2

• Options
    When we had LO#2...Our DS was not allowed in the hospital due to all that H1N1 crap.  So they were introduced at home...which I was worried about...Like, here we are gone for a few days and just show back up with another baby...but anyways, we made sure he was napping when we got home...we got the new one situated and then we both went upstairs to wake him up...very sweet moment and something I will cherish forever.  He asked if we had his new sister...we had him help us bring some stuff downstairs for her which he felt really proud about...he immediately went to her side when we got downstairs and started poking at her...we told him he can only touch her if he is sitting on the couch with us...so we all sat on the couch for about an hour just talking with him about her and letting him explore her in a nice way...It was a really neat moment and I was actually kind of glad he didn't have to go through that at the hospital...he would have been way over stimulated!
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

photo DSC_0014.jpg
  • Options
    Both mine and FI parents brought DD1 big sister gifts so she could feel special. Honestly our DD1 was 21 months old and there was no way to making that intro go easier she did not want to share and was horrible the whole time at the hospital so my mom took her and they had a sleeper over. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks ladies. This is going to be tough!
    BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"