Two Under 2
Options

I'm new to this board and scared out of my mind

I just POAS last night and it was positive. I don't think I have ever been so frightened in my entire life. I have a son, named Connor, who will be 9 months old next week. I figure I'm about 4 or 4.5 weeks along and due at the end of June. A couple of calculators said around the 24th. So the kids will be almost 17 months apart. My mom's youngest 2 are 18 months apart, so I'm hoping she will be supportive and give helpful advice whenever I work up the courage to tell her. My FI and I are getting married in 19 days, so this was very unexpected and extra added stress. I know I will eventually be happy about this, but not right now. I'm super stressed just thinking about having another baby right now. Mainly because of money, but also because Connor was born 6 weeks early and the thought of having another preemie absolutely terrifies me. Any support or advice would be greatly appreciated. 
Lilypie Premature Baby tickers BabyFetus Ticker image

Re: I'm new to this board and scared out of my mind

• Options

My #2 was very much so tried for and yet still a huge huge shock (previous infertility issues).  Even so I dropped to my knees, scooped up my baby and cried saying over and over again:  "What have I done?  I've taken away your Mommy!"

Even planned it was overwhelming.

I was scared up to the time they rolled me into the OR for my 2nd section.

I think people who are not a little daunted need their heads examined frankly.

What I can offer you is that my boys 17 months apart are best buddies.  I can't imagine not having them both and having them this close.

Was it hard as hell at first?  Yup.

Was it worth it and then some?  Helllllll yes.

You'll find ways to make it work.  You'll go on survival mode that first year and then it will just keep getting easier and more fun from there.

Hang in there.

Try to focus on the now and enjoy your wedding!

A good friend of mine once said that the beauty of pregnancy being 9 months is that you've got time to mentally prepare and wrap your brain around it all. 

Our IF journey: 1 m/c, 1 IVF with only 3 eggs retrieved yielding Dylan and a lost twin, 1 shocker unmedicated BFP resulting in Jace, 3 more unmedicated pregnancies ending in more losses.
    Total score: 6 pregnancies, 5 losses, 2 amazing blessings that I'm thankful for every single day.
  • Options

My 2 are 13.5 months apart. While it was very much planned, I was in panic mode until I actually had my DS. Like PP, if someone isn't nervous about 2u2 there's something wrong there! I felt guilty about the time I would be taking away from my DD. I wondered every day if I could actually handle it. I went between extreme excitement and extreme panic every hour it seemed. But we are surviving and even enjoying ourselves right now! 

My 1st was born 3 weeks early and had no issues. My 2nd was born 5 weeks early and ended up in the NICU for just shy of 2 weeks. He had lots of respiratory issues and required CPAP, and chest tubes. It was scary, so I understand completely why you would be nervous seeing as your son was 6 weeks early. Having my DD home and my DS in the NICU was hard, but you make it work. Hopefully you won't have LO2 early, but if you do... just know that with a lot of patience and understanding you can survive a preemie again. Your dr. is aware of your history at this point, so you will be monitored more closely. Express your concerns with your dr. and take a deep breath! It may not be the perfect timing, but I do believe everything happens for a reason. Your son will have a playmate for life now...

Congrats and enjoy your wedding! 

SAHM to the sweetest little girl and boy... I love my job!

Praying for Baby Camryn
    Praying for Baby Scarlett
    Remembering Baby Adam
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Mine are 17 months apart too. Congrats. Even if you don't feel like it. I found out I was pregnant just a month or so before my wedding with #1. (sadly, just 3 days before my bach party. :P) Anyway, honestly, dealing with a wedding, incoming family, planning and morning sickness were harder on me than having 2 under 2. I can only imagine how that all would be with a 9 month old (who is probably already pretty mobile and learning to get into things... )That said, if you can survive the next 20 days, you will be great once #2 comes around. ;) Take each day one at a time. If you SAH, make sure you nap when DS does. You need it physically and emotionally. Make sure you take the time to really embrace and enjoy Connor. But also start teaching him little ways to be somewhat independent. i.e. encourage finger foods to get him started on being able to really feed himself, start soft sippy cups so you aren't having to take new baby's bottles from him, get him into books and enjoying his own playtime. Good luck mama!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    It's terrifying I know. I'm still shocked when I think about the fact that my girls will only be 12 months apart. It gets a little better each day. Give it time and you'll feel the excitement. And congrats!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"