May 2011 Moms
Options

Apprehensive about starting solids

Our goal to start solids (BLW) was at 6 months of age originally. DS is showing many signs of readiness, though, and I may start a week earlier. I'm honestly nervous about it. Right now, I don't have to think about the process of feeding him- it's just milk. This will "change the game" again. I'm probably overthinking, but I just wanted to voice it. Is anyone else nervous about starting solids?

Re: Apprehensive about starting solids

• Options
    I am too. DS is also showing some signs as well. We plan on BLW and some purees at 6 mo so we have 4 more weeks but I'm already feeling this anxiety about it. I just feel that EBF is so easy, no carrying anything, no prepping anything, not worrying about anything...sigh. 
  • Options

I'm not ready for my baby to start eating solids. She totally wants to start solids though. Every chance she gets she is stealing food from my plate and putting it in her mouth. I love the conveinence of EBF'ing and also not looking forward to cleaning up the mess of solids. I can't believe my baby is almost 6 months old already. Today she started to cut her first tooth. I'm so sad time needs to slow down so she can stay little just a bit longer.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I'ts not that bad. DD has been taking one solid a day since 4 months. Around lunchtime she gets rice cereal mixed with breastmilk and a little puree banana for taste. She loves it. She had a little difficulty with the spoon at first but now she opens her mouth really wide and loves it. I'll be giving her more solids once she hits 6 months.

I was going to wait but my mother pretty much took it upon herself to start her on it since she watches her.

• Options
    I was nervous with my first, but it's really not a big deal.  I'm looking forward to starting Gus on solids because that means soon I won't have to worry about pumping for him when I want to leave him for a couple of hours.  Although I'm sad that he's growing up so fast.

Big sister {September 2008} Sweet boy {April 2011} Fuzzy Bundle {ETA July 2014}

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    We're having a blast with purees and rice cereal.  She makes the cutest faces and has developed funny little habits.
  • Options

I was here too.  We ended up starting about a week ago because he was just SO ready.  We've only done rice cereal and oatmeal, but he LOVES them, and I'll probably start veggies/fruits this weekend. 

Is 1-2 ice cubes of a veggie or fruit in the morning and two tablespoons of oatmeal in the afternoon too much?  

imageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Mason loves his solids! We started at 4 months old, and he opens his mouth wanting more - we cannot feed him fast enough Big Smile

• Options

If the BLW thing works out for us, I'm not really worried. Poke him in the high chair, give him 2 or 3 things to play with, keep an eye on him while I eat. Sounds pretty easy to me!

We're starting probably next week or so - I said I'd wait until around 6 months and after our vacation. We're on vaca now! I have given him things to suck on - a chicken bone, a melon rind - and that was fine. I don't think he's really into food yet anyway. I don't really want to bother with purees if I can avoid it.

• Options

I was planning on waiting until exactly six months (because I do not look forward to having to spray diapers.  It is so much easier to just throw them in the wet bag.)  But he is really ready.  I mean he grabs food off our plates and if we don't take it it makes its way to his mouth. 

I think we are going to start tomorrow (or later this week/weekend.)  I just am going to miss the breastfed baby poop.  It has no smell  whatsoever.  Plus it is kind of sad like one more step towards not being a baby that he isn't 100% dependent on me for nutrition.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    It's mostly the poop thing, I guess. As a PP said, the diapers now just go straight into the wash- although they DO smell. Oh, man, do they smell. I'm just not looking forward to having to spray them off. I guess I'll adjust, like everything else, and it will soon become normal.
  • Options
    imagemmkaye:

I was planning on waiting until exactly six months (because I do not look forward to having to spray diapers.  It is so much easier to just throw them in the wet bag.)  But he is really ready.  I mean he grabs food off our plates and if we don't take it it makes its way to his mouth. 

I think we are going to start tomorrow (or later this week/weekend.)  I just am going to miss the breastfed baby poop.  It has no smell  whatsoever.  Plus it is kind of sad like one more step towards not being a baby that he isn't 100% dependent on me for nutrition.

my kid must be broke because her poop sure does stink ha.  i am thinking about starting this weekend. but i kind of want to wait. but i kind ofthink she is ready. i guess it wll be determined by if she keeps waking extra this week and if i go to the store to buy a sweet potato to try for her first food.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"