Pre-School and Daycare

DS peeing everywhere! Normal?

DS is 3.5 and only recently potty trained (started in August before he started pre-school). I'd consider him fully PT'd now for both peeing and pooing. But recently he has started peeing everywhere! and it's so gross! He's peed in the basement, in his bed, on his rug, on the carpet, down the vents, etc. I'm positive it's not a control issue; these aren't accidents. And when he does it he knows it's bad and says to himself "only pee on the toilet". This is just some gross, explorative phase he's going through right? Anyone dealt with this before and have any advice on how to handle it? TIA!
Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: DS peeing everywhere! Normal?

• Normal and totally gross.  My son went through it shortly after 3 and it was totally a because I can phase.  Of course  I made the mistake of kind of freaking out in the beginning and honestly it wasn't until DH and I both had zero response that he finally stopped.
  • My son went through that phase also and luckily it was short lived.  He peed in trash cans, in his toy dump truck, another toy garbage truck, DD's princess chair, etc...  I don't remember what made him stop though.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks for the responses! I guess I'll just stop reacting and hope it ends soon :)
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • image-auntie-:

Logical consequence of cleaning his mess stopped this one quickly.

This worked for DS too.  He wasn't peeing around the house so much as choosing not to aim and spraying the walls/floor/toilet/entire bathroom instead.  Once he found out that he had to clean it himself, he suddenly decided that he'd better aim after all.  :-) 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"