Maryland Babies
Options

~~SarahKate~~

how is sleep training going??

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: ~~SarahKate~~

• Options

Pretty good I think, thanks for asking! We started Friday night and followed Ferber's intervals for checking on him.

Night #1 he cried for 1hr, slept 1.5hrs, cried 10 mins, slept 7.5hrs.

Night #2 he cried 45 mins, slept 10hrs.

Night #3 he cried 15 mins, slept 9.5hrs.

Night #4 he cried 10 mins, slept 10hrs and I had to wake him up this morning!

DH is still a little worried that we've started this on him too young, but we had to do *something* and our pedi was for it, so we went ahead. I hope he continues to make progress and completely stops crying soon!

BFP#1: 01/10, M/C 6w
    BFP#2: 06/10, M/C 5w
    BFP#3: 09/10, DS born June 1, 2011
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP#4: 07/12, M/C 5w3d
    BFP#5: 12/12, EDD 08/18/13
    Pregnancy Ticker

My Blog: Decorate This
  • Options

yeah!!

I know its controversial, but IMO (and my doctor's) its better to do it when they are young, b/c either way it will probably need to be done, so you might has well do it earlier b/c they will start sleeping better sooner and it makes everything else - like teething and colds easier b/c they can get themselves back to sleep.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yeah I wanted to nip it in the bud and do it as early as it was recommended. So far it's working for us, so I'm glad. Not that I like hearing him cry, because I don't, but I think it'll be for the best. On the first morning I was nervous to go get him in case he was mad at me, but he was happy and fine as usual!

BFP#1: 01/10, M/C 6w
    BFP#2: 06/10, M/C 5w
    BFP#3: 09/10, DS born June 1, 2011
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP#4: 07/12, M/C 5w3d
    BFP#5: 12/12, EDD 08/18/13
    Pregnancy Ticker

My Blog: Decorate This
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"