Babies: 9 - 12 Months

Why is this bugging me?

H got a text about an hour ago from a strange number: "Hey, do you know where a pretty girl can find a man with a truck to help her out". 

H: "Hmm, I think that's my friend Ashley from school"

I brushed it off since he was getting ready to head out the door. 10 minutes later I get a call.

He said it was his friend Ashley from school and she wants him to help move furniture tonight. Then he got really nervous and asked if he could go. I said sure, if he wanted to. Then he played the guy game where he went on about how he didn't have to go and he didn't want me to be mad. I said it was fine. And then I was a moron and asked him if she was pretty.

H: "She's beautiful, if you like that sort of thing. But she's not you baby. Don't worry, I'll go after Louie goes to bed. That way you can go to sleep and don't have to worry about me."

Now I'm annoyed. I'm usually the least jealous person in the world, but this "beautiful" chick's text is rubbing me the wrong way. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Why is this bugging me?

• If it were me? I'd find a sitter for Louie and go with him. Hey, if she's a friend of DH's and she's moving, maybe she could use an extra hand. Then you can gauge their body language, what they say, how they say it firsthand and make a determination from there.
  • punch him in the balls to remind him who's boss.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Fvck that. I'd shoot my H before he thought about some shiit like that. I'm sorry and I'm sure your h's and is very trustworthy but it's still very inappropriate for a married man to help a "beautiful women" move in the dark and alone!
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Do you trust your husband? If so, I don't think you need to worry. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagezeadfly:

Him telling you that he'll go after your kid goes to sleep so that you can go to sleep and not worry about him, would bother me. 

If you trust him, then there is nothing to worry about.  

Ditto the first part. The second to a degree. I trust my H. I wouldn't trust this girl as far as I could throw her.

ITA agere with Lilbit, if you can find a sitter, go with him. 

ETA: Better yet, go as a family before Louie's bedtime. Otherwise, no dice.

• I trust my H, it's this girl I don't trust. She said she didn't know anyone else with a truck. Don't tell me that you don't know anyone in Redneckville Florida with a fvcking pickup to help you. Not to mention, who doesn't secure a vehicle for their move until a few hours ahead of time?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I trust my husband, but if I were in this situation I would invite myself along and get a sitter for a few hours. It would just put my mind at ease- otherwise I would just get all sorts of negative thoughts in my mind while I stayed up waiting.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagecourtneyt13:
    I trust my husband, but if I were in this situation I would invite myself along and get a sitter for a few hours. It would just put my mind at ease- otherwise I would just get all sorts of negative thoughts in my mind while I stayed up waiting.

I agree with this. And any respectable girl doesn't send a text like that to a married man or a man that is in a serious ralationship.

• imageMomlovesEloise:

I trust my H, it's this girl I don't trust. She said she didn't know anyone else with a truck. Don't tell me that you don't know anyone in Redneckville Florida with a fvcking pickup to help you. Not to mention, who doesn't secure a vehicle for their move until a few hours ahead of time?

That does suck. But I guess you have three options. 1) Know your H won't let anything happen and let him go. 2) Go with him. 3) Tell him you'd feel better if he doesn't go. 

• imageMomlovesEloise:

I trust my H, it's this girl I don't trust. She said she didn't know anyone else with a truck. Don't tell me that you don't know anyone in Redneckville Florida with a fvcking pickup to help you. Not to mention, who doesn't secure a vehicle for their move until a few hours ahead of time?

This is the only thing that makes me call BS on the situation. I'm very trusting, and I would trust my h in this situation. But even that text sounds a little skanky.

• Good call guys. I'm going to invite myself along. I could use a night out anyways. And if I get to ruin this chicks lame attempt to hit on my H, then it will just make my night even better.  
  • imageJJsMom211:

I agree with this. And any respectable girl doesn't send a text like that to a married man or a man that is in a serious ralationship.

THIS...I'd go and cut a b!tch just to make sure she got the point.  Find a babysitter and be the awesome wife who also brings a homemade snack and helping hands.

• imageTobleroneBar:
    imageJJsMom211:

THIS...I'd go and cut a b!tch just to make sure she got the point.  Find a babysitter and be the awesome wife who also brings a homemade snack and helping hands.

And grab his junk every time she's looking. That way she knows who those balls belong to.

• imageJJsMom211:
    imageTobleroneBar:
    imageJJsMom211:

And grab his junk every time she's looking. That way she knows who those balls belong to.

If she still doesn't get it...piss on his leg while you stare her down

• I don't know, I am inclined to think it's possible this is harmless and she was trying to make a joke (maybe it's not, but you didn't provide any other info on this girl, so  I am just saying it's possible). The part I don't quite get is why he thought you might get mad in the first place, and then why you asked him if she was pretty. Isn't that a trick question? If he says yes, you're automatically uncomfortable. If he says no, you would probably have wondered if he was lying.

• UGH this is bugging ME now! All joking aside, I like the suggestion to go along with him. But play dumb about it, and def bring snacks! Kill that biitch with kindness and make her feel like shiit about her sneaky ways!
  • Yes, kill her with kindness!  Keep your enemies closer
  • imageJerkStore213:
    UGH this is bugging ME now! All joking aside, I like the suggestion to go along with him. But play dumb about it, and def bring snacks! Kill that biitch with kindness and make her feel like shiit about her sneaky ways!

THIS!

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • imagestarsmaycollide:

I don't know, I am inclined to think it's possible this is harmless and she was trying to make a joke (maybe it's not, but you didn't provide any other info on this girl, so  I am just saying it's possible). The part I don't quite get is why he thought you might get mad in the first place, and then why you asked him if she was pretty. Isn't that a trick question? If he says yes, you're automatically uncomfortable. If he says no, you would probably have wondered if he was lying.

That's why I said I was a moron. It was a trick question. He thought I would get mad because he's only home a few nights a week because of school. And because he usually wanders in about an hour later than he says. I have never worried about him cheating though.

• imageJerkStore213:
    UGH this is bugging ME now! All joking aside, I like the suggestion to go along with him. But play dumb about it, and def bring snacks! Kill that biitch with kindness and make her feel like shiit about her sneaky ways!

This is what I'm thinking. I'm going to wear makeup and find my best booby shirt. I'll pack some sandwiches and I may just whip up a batch of cookies. 

• imageTobleroneBar:
    imageJJsMom211:
    imageTobleroneBar:
    imageJJsMom211:

*snort* I'm usually just a lurker but this actually made me laugh out loud.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageMeenaJo:

don't lurk, I like your humor ;)

• imageMeenaJo:
    imageTobleroneBar:
    imageJJsMom211:
    imageTobleroneBar:
    imageJJsMom211:

Ditto.  That image just made my whole damn day.

But for realsies, I have a lot of guy friends from grad school.  I would never send a text like that unless I was single and interested in his man parts.  Strap on your boob shirt and shove some cookies in her face.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Always Sunny's back b-tches!

• imageMomlovesEloise:

imageJerkStore213:

This is what I'm thinking. I'm going to wear makeup and find my best booby shirt. I'll pack some sandwiches and I may just whip up a batch of ex-lax brownies

fixed it for you.

• imageJerkStore213:
    imageMomlovesEloise:

imageJerkStore213:

This is what I'm thinking. I'm going to wear makeup and find my best booby shirt. I'll pack some sandwiches and I may just whip up a batch of ex-lax brownies

fixed it for you.

No, you want to make them with extra lard and sugar so the calories stick to her butt, not go right through!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Always Sunny's back b-tches!

• No big deal, he was just being honest.  It doesn't mean anything.  Dh is always telling me which actresses he thinks are "gorgeous."  And I tell him the guys I think are hot.  You DH's friend's text was a little flirty, but she's probably just clueless.  I wouldn't hold it against her.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageanna karenina:

imageNewFamily09:
    No big deal, he was just being honest.  It doesn't mean anything.  Dh is always telling me which actresses he thinks are "gorgeous."  And I tell him the guys I think are hot.  You DH's friend's text was a little flirty, but she's probably just clueless.  I wouldn't hold it against her.

It's totally the same thing! If Angelina Jolie asked her husband to help him move! Talking about hot actors doesn't make you guys progressive. Stars are not accessible. Skanks named Ashley are.  

bahahaha. Exactly. 

• imageanna karenina:

imageNewFamily09:
    No big deal, he was just being honest.  It doesn't mean anything.  Dh is always telling me which actresses he thinks are "gorgeous."  And I tell him the guys I think are hot.  You DH's friend's text was a little flirty, but she's probably just clueless.  I wouldn't hold it against her.

It's totally the same thing! If Angelina Jolie asked her husband to help him move! Talking about hot actors doesn't make you guys progressive. Stars are not accessible. Skanks named Ashley are.  

LOL. Good point.
    SQUIRREL!!!

• I trust my husband 110%, but if he got a text like that and didn't side eye it himself, that in and of itself would make me mad. If he tried to play it off as if it was no big deal or normal, then I would start to distrust him. No matter how trustworthy someone is, they still aren't perfect and they are capable of doing things you never thought they could. He should be the one suggesting you come along, or telling Ashley that there are trucks she can rent if she needs one and he needs to spend time with his family.

252855_10150214241312114_262494087113_7012916_3895481_n-2Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker Siggy check.
  • imageJJsMom211:

imagecourtneyt13:
    I trust my husband, but if I were in this situation I would invite myself along and get a sitter for a few hours. It would just put my mind at ease- otherwise I would just get all sorts of negative thoughts in my mind while I stayed up waiting.

Exactly. She sounds like nothing but trouble.
  • I guess I'll be the lone dissenting opinion here, and say I would not think it's a big deal.

You trust your husband or you don't, it's really that simple. Maybe she IS skanky and interested in him, but what is she going to do? Pull out a gun and demand he have sex with her? Drug him and force him to be overcome with lust? If the only reason my husband doesn't cheat is because I'm there... well that would be a problem for me.

Really trusting him means trusting his judgement when he tells you that she is just a friend and he's just helping her move, and trusting his judgement to leave if things get inappropriate.

If she IS in fact skanky/interested and he IS in fact trustworthy/unsuspecting, what will likely happen is this: he will go, she will be awkward and skanky, he will move furniture as fast as he can while staring at the floor. Then he will drive home thinking about what a fool he is for not seeing this coming and what an awesome wife you are for not freaking out and for trusting his judgement. Then next time Trashley texts him for help? Well, he's busy that night. And the next. And you don't look like a weirdo jealous crazy wife who doesn't trust her husband.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'd feel uncomfortable with it and ask him not to go!
    imageLilypie Premature Baby tickers imageLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • imagehonkytonk_kid:

I guess I'll be the lone dissenting opinion here, and say I would not think it's a big deal.

You trust your husband or you don't, it's really that simple. Maybe she IS skanky and interested in him, but what is she going to do? Pull out a gun and demand he have sex with her? Drug him and force him to be overcome with lust? If the only reason my husband doesn't cheat is because I'm there... well that would be a problem for me.

Really trusting him means trusting his judgement when he tells you that she is just a friend and he's just helping her move, and trusting his judgement to leave if things get inappropriate.

If she IS in fact skanky/interested and he IS in fact trustworthy/unsuspecting, what will likely happen is this: he will go, she will be awkward and skanky, he will move furniture as fast as he can while staring at the floor. Then he will drive home thinking about what a fool he is for not seeing this coming and what an awesome wife you are for not freaking out and for trusting his judgement. Then next time Trashley texts him for help? Well, he's busy that night. And the next. And you don't look like a weirdo jealous crazy wife who doesn't trust her husband.

Yeah, this times a million. I thought I was going to get through this whole post without anyone making sense. I'll even go so far as to say that the H's behavior is a tad suspect itself; I'm really curious as to whether sHe actually went and what his reaction to that was. Sandwiches and cookies? Humiliating.
  • imageTobleroneBar:

She-Wee? 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"