January 2011 Moms
Options

Wow - ask and ye shall receive (Follow up to below)

So I got an email back from that mom chick and then another one from the Mom's Club chick - they are super duper organized, tons of activities (sent me their calendar)...and it's $25 for the year to join. 40-45 members...this is great!!!! I'm so happy I put myself out there...now let's hope the other members are welcoming and not snobby :) Although, so far it doesn't seem that way!!! I think I'm totally joining.

Re: Wow - ask and ye shall receive (Follow up to below)

• Options

I think that is wonderful! I just now read your other post.  I bet you will have a great time. I joined a group in my city about two weeks ago, via meetup.com. Like yours, its a certain amount to join, and there are tons of activities at alternating places and peoples homes. I'm going to my first get together on Halloween at 11am. Its for "Tiny Tots" 18 months and under, and they are wearing costumes. I'm bringing an adult dish to pass. I'm both nervous and excited.

Best part is, its only a block away. Weather permitting...we can walk there.

I hope you have fun, let me know how it goes.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageMarSamWhitney:

I think that is wonderful! I just now read your other post.  I bet you will have a great time. I joined a group in my city about two weeks ago, via meetup.com. Like yours, its a certain amount to join, and there are tons of activities at alternating places and peoples homes. I'm going to my first get together on Halloween at 11am. Its for "Tiny Tots" 18 months and under, and they are wearing costumes. I'm bringing an adult dish to pass. I'm both nervous and excited.

Best part is, its only a block away. Weather permitting...we can walk there.

I hope you have fun, let me know how it goes.

That's awesome!! Post how it goes!!

I plan to mail in the application this week for sure. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Awesome! I'm excited for you! I think most moms that join a group are doing for the same reason as you to meet people. I would think they'd be open and welcoming.

Hope your group is fun too MarSamWhitney!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    That is fantastic!! I hope you make some great friends! :)

Siggy Badges

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"