Postpartum Depression
Options

Monday Check-In

Hey Ladies. It's Monday again (boo. or yay?)

Howdy to all you new ladies.  If you haven't already, feel free to share an introduction here.

The best way for me to remember bump friends is to see your names over and over again (so feel free to post frequently..) and it also helps if you have a siggy picture.  Uh, yeah, I might remember you by your cute baby in a basket more than I remember your screen name.

To recap: I'm Kristen and just a regular bumpee/bumper/? that decided to do a weekly post. My girl is 7 months old, happy and healthy except for her reflux.  She's down to one dose of prevacid every 3 days, down from 1/day + 4 doses of bethanechol/day.  I started treatment for PPD at 8 weeks post partum, of zoloft.  I'm a working mom.

Now for my questions!
How was your week?
What triggers or escalates your PPD/PPA/OCD?
What is one thing that makes you feel confident?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

Re: Monday Check-In

• Options

OK!

My week was mostly good.  Work, so ugh. and the evenings just seem so short when there's only an hour between getting home and E's bedtime.  I loved the weekend though.  We were able to sleep in until 7:30 both days, got laundry done, my husband cleaned the kitchen, and we spent Saturday evening at a hot-air balloon festival.

Lack of sleep.  If E is sick.  If my husband gets all anxious about anything, I feed off if it. it's rediculous.

If my hair looks good, I feel good. Living on the gulf coast with constant humidity has really given my hair a new level of frizz.  So i usually wear it in a pony tail or bun. But after a haircut, or if I straighten it, and then it looks all nice?  Oh man, i work that hair like i'm in a shampoo commercial.

• Options

How was your week?

I had a rough week.  DH was on a business trip, lots of anxiety over baby's sleep.  She is also teething so we have had some middle of the night scream sessions. The weekend was much better though, she napped very well and slept great Friday and Saturday night - slept in till 7, woohoo!  My best friend got married on Saturday so we left DD with my mom and we enjoyed a baby free day. :) 

Recently, baby's sleep training and naps. Also, when my MIL tells me what my baby should be doing (but isn't) as far as milestones at her age.

I, too, feel confident when my hair looks good!  I also feel confident when I get to the gym for zumba!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options

How was your week?

The week was good. We did CIO and it was very successful. She is now sleeping through the night. It was really hard though...I am glad it is over with. I also got to go out with a friend I hadn't see in a while. It was nice to be with an adult a whole night....and have some wine.

What triggers PPD?

Anytime I don't get enough sleep or if A is having a bad day or if A is sick in any way.

Confident:

When my hair looks good or an outfit looks just right. Right now, anytime I fit into one of my old shirts or pairs of jeans. I only have 15 more lbs to lose to get back down to my skinny self! (I gained 85 while pregnant)

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

gallegosdc, thank goodness for weekends (and grandmothers).  Did you do the chicken dance at the wedding?  I tried zumba once and could not handle it. IT WAS INTENSE!

vickycat, congratulations on the successful CIO and weight loss so far!

• Options

How was your week? My week was stressful dad got his pacemaker put in, LO has been super fussy and not wanting to nap at all.  He still STTN so I guess I shouldn't complain to much but I can't seem to get anything done.  I am okay with my job still would like to find something that I could make a lot more money (dont we all!?!) 

What triggers or escalates your PPD/PPA/OCD?  When LO crys when has has just been fed, diaper is clean and he is not feeling to warm, to cold.  Also lack of sleep for me.

What is one thing that makes you feel confident?  I am noramly I pretty confident person.  I do give a *** what people think most of the time.  Def when I have makeup and have my hair done makes me feel better.  I haven't feel so great and conident these last few weeks no matter what I do. 

I would def post here more but the board seems kind of dead most of the time.  Anyways here I am!   

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers
  • Options
    imagevickycat:

How was your week?

The week was good. We did CIO and it was very successful. She is now sleeping through the night. It was really hard though...I am glad it is over with. I also got to go out with a friend I hadn't see in a while. It was nice to be with an adult a whole night....and have some wine.

What triggers PPD?

Anytime I don't get enough sleep or if A is having a bad day or if A is sick in any way.

Confident:

When my hair looks good or an outfit looks just right. Right now, anytime I fit into one of my old shirts or pairs of jeans. I only have 15 more lbs to lose to get back down to my skinny self! (I gained 85 while pregnant)

Big SmileYes Yeah!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

I'm gonna come over and join everyone a little bit sooner than usual. I have antepartum (probably spelt wrong) depression which developed around 14 weeks and I just now in the last month actually started getting help for it (for anyone else with this issue DO NOT WAIT TO ASK FOR HELP. I missed out on having a happy pregnancy because of my stupid pride...). Right now I'm in therapy and the general plan is to start medication after my son arrives (pretty scary!). I've always had a bit of a struggle with depression but at 20 weeks I was let go from my full time job and it set off a whole new can of worms and triggered the problems I have now (new baby on the way, just bought a house that I was responsible for the mortgage on). We'll be discussing what kinds of medication,etc. a little bit closer to my due date but I'm really struggling with guilt about it...Like I already failed my son.

On a friendlier note I'm Kari and I'm the mother to a beautiful 2 yr old girl who's not mine by birth but I love her just like my own. She's a very excited big sister and she's the biggest reason I went in for help when I did and I hope I can make up for the strangeness she's had to deal with lately in time =( We have custody of her and it's been really hard because being so sad all the time really impacts my interaction with her and she knows it...

How was your week?

It was very stressful...We're pottytraining right now and she's had a few setbacks. Had more job interviews but honestly at this point I'm considering not putting in any more applications for work until our son arrives.

What triggers everything?

Stress of any kind especially anything financial. I'm currently incapable of spending a dollar without having a full blown panic attack-to the point I'm not allowed to grocery shop, etc. Really I've gotten to the point where my new mantra is "When in doubt, PANIC". I've been trying new techniques to help ease the anxiety but it's been very hit or miss.

What is one thing that makes you confident?

Nothing at this time. I'm a giant waddling basket case!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Thanks for posting the check in! Sometimes I wish this board was more active.

Anyway, I am Laura and have a 9 month old baby girl who is pretty much the cutest girl ever. She is an amazing baby. I had undiagnosed antenatal OCD and depression. Never knew that was a thing. And since I cycled through OBs in my practice, I didn't make a personal connection to anyone. No one asked how I was doing, etc. So it went undiagnosed.

The end of my pregnancy (last 3 weeks) was filled with complications and then after a failed NST, a 40 hour induction with 2.5 hours of pushing, I ended up with an unplanned c-section (i was planning a med free birth). At my 2 week post op with the OB that delivered my daughter, I opened up and started getting help. OB set me up with a therapist, reassured me I would be OK, prescribed me meds and had extra appts with me. She saved me, really.

Anyway, I'm a working mom. My daughter goes to a daycare center

How was your week?

Pretty good. I had a few really bad weeks, but last week was a bit better.

Not working out really puts me on edge (which is where I was a few weeks ago), illness, messy house.

When my boss needs my help with something.

**** TW - kids and loss mentioned ****
    ~~ married 8.11.07
    ~~ DD1 1.16.11 ~~ DD2 1.3.14 ~~
    ~~ BFP3 12.22.15 MMC 2.29.16 @ 13 weeks ~~
    ~~ 2 D&Cs (3.1.16 and 3.10.16) for MMC
    ~~ BFP4 10.27.16  MMC 1.23.17 @ 16 weeks ~~ D&E 1.26.17 ~~
  • Options
    imageladipale:
    Thanks for posting the check in! Sometimes I wish this board was more active.

Anyway, I am Laura and have a 9 month old baby girl who is pretty much the cutest girl ever.

Yeah!  That's what I'm aiming for.  I think we should have some other weekly type posts.  hmm. we should all think of some ideas.

Laura, some kid told me that my daughter was "like, the cutest baby on the entire earth," so tell your girl she's got some competition!  Stick out tongue

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"