Postpartum Depression
Options

A Little worried about winter...

So I think winter is super depressing...it gets so dark so early and you can't get outside. I am a little nervous my PPD will creep back in....any good ideas you are planning to get through the winter with your LO?

I just keep focusing on my first Christmas with A.

Plus I really don't like the mall but that may be the only place I can get out and walk around with A.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: A Little worried about winter...

• Options

I hear ya!  I hate winter anyways.  I have in the past went to the tanning bed and it is helpful in the winter time.  V-D and warm!!  Other then that not really sure...

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers
  • Options
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I highly recommend getting a light box. My daughter was born in January and it was a very dreary winter, so at the recommendation of my OB, I got a light box and it did help! And, I still try to get outside when I can. I have no problem bundling myself and my DD up, even when its wet & cold (granted, I'm in CA so its not as bad as elsewhere)
    **** TW - kids and loss mentioned ****
    ~~ married 8.11.07
    ~~ DD1 1.16.11 ~~ DD2 1.3.14 ~~
    ~~ BFP3 12.22.15 MMC 2.29.16 @ 13 weeks ~~
    ~~ 2 D&Cs (3.1.16 and 3.10.16) for MMC
    ~~ BFP4 10.27.16  MMC 1.23.17 @ 16 weeks ~~ D&E 1.26.17 ~~
  • Options

imageladipale:
    I highly recommend getting a light box. My daughter was born in January and it was a very dreary winter, so at the recommendation of my OB, I got a light box and it did help! And, I still try to get outside when I can. I have no problem bundling myself and my DD up, even when its wet & cold (granted, I'm in CA so its not as bad as elsewhere)

what is a light box?

• Options
    imagevickycat:

imageladipale:

what is a light box?

https://www.amazon.com/NatureBright-SunTouch-Plus-Light-Therapy/dp/B000W8Y7FY

Its a box that emits the same spectrum of light as the sun and is supposed to help with SAD (seasonal affective disorder). I use it for 15 mins in the am.

**** TW - kids and loss mentioned ****
    ~~ married 8.11.07
    ~~ DD1 1.16.11 ~~ DD2 1.3.14 ~~
    ~~ BFP3 12.22.15 MMC 2.29.16 @ 13 weeks ~~
    ~~ 2 D&Cs (3.1.16 and 3.10.16) for MMC
    ~~ BFP4 10.27.16  MMC 1.23.17 @ 16 weeks ~~ D&E 1.26.17 ~~
  • Options
    imageladipale:
    imagevickycat:

imageladipale:

what is a light box?

https://www.amazon.com/NatureBright-SunTouch-Plus-Light-Therapy/dp/B000W8Y7FY

Its a box that emits the same spectrum of light as the sun and is supposed to help with SAD (seasonal affective disorder). I use it for 15 mins in the am.

Thanks...I think I might try this.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"