VBAC

So excited to finally find an OB who is willing to do a VBAC

This is my FOURTH child....and my FIRST child was my *only* c-section.  

For some reason, the system here in our state now sets up women as "once a c-section, always a c-section"...so while "technically" a VBAC is a vaginal birth *after* c-section, and this birth is legitimately a birth *after* a vaginal birth, the medical community is looking at this as still a VBAC...which is darned hard to fight for.  Really, while hospitals in my area (including the little towns outside of our city) have both unofficial and official policies banning VBACs, we are also not allowed by law to make use of home birthing centers.  

We finally found a doctor (in my 30th week) who agrees with my definition of VBAC (and acknowledges that this is not the definition used by most in my situation).   

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: So excited to finally find an OB who is willing to do a VBAC

• Wow, that is crazy that you have had two successful VBACs and other Drs were still giving you a hard time on LO #4.  Glad you found an OB to work with :-D
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • It shouldn't be this hard!!  What a messed up system.  So glad you found someone.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Congrats on finding someone! The state I live in is not very VBAC friendly either. Midwives can't even take us as patients. Crazy!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"