May 2011 Moms
Options

FTM here. Nap question

First post here. A little background first :) My son was born May 26, 2011. I  have had a lot of help with the message boards and since I have a question I thought i'd finally post something.

We usually follow our sons cues as far as when he is sleepy and hungry, but notice he does follow some kind of pattern. Yesterday we started the sleep training. This morning he woke up at 8 rather than the normal 7 or 7:30. But he started to get sleepy only after an hour of being awake: showing the normal signs like rubbing his eyes, yawning, etc. So.. I put him down. I'm just curious if it is to early toput him down for his morning nap because he woke up at 8am. His normal nap is around this time any way.. (9 or 9:30). He is fussing, but not crying.

Re: FTM here. Nap question

• Options
    I don't know if it has anything to do with sleep training, I don't know how well or poorly your LO slept last night but I do know that no matter what time DS wakes up, his first morning nap is 2 hours after being awake. If your son was used to a nap at 9 or 9:30 he may get sleepy no matter how long he's been awake. I say it's not too early for the first morning nap and to follow his cues so you don't miss the window. Did I make sense? lol HTH
  • Options

That makes sense! Thank you. He slept great last night. He went to bed right away, and only woke up once, like he normally does, for a feeding. Yesterday the sleep training went really well, as well for naps.. except for his third nap took awhile. Thanks for your reply..he finally calmed down and I think he is sleeping because the apartment just got silent. lol.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"