Multiples
Options

At what gestation does your OB not stop labor?

For the MoMs that have been there already or the pregnant MoMs that know their doctor's policy... I didn't think to ask until my last NST and my doctor wasn't there because she was dealing with two deliveries so I didn't get to ask. At what point will your doctor let you deliver without trying to stop labor? (XPing from PgAL.. not sure if it's different with multiples). 
m/c 7/17/10
Dx: MFI- 3% morph
IUIs: Gonal-F + Ovidrel + b2b IUI= BFNs
IVF with ICSI= BFP! EDD 11/25/11
3/18- Beta #1 452! 3/20- Beta #2 1,026!! 3/27- First u/s- TWINS!
Our twin boys arrived at 36w5d due to IUGR and a growth discordance

FET: Medicated FET moved up to 5/23 due to ovulation
Transferred a 6BB hatched blastocyst- genetically normal female embryo
BFP! 5/28- 5dp6dt      
6/1 Beta #1- 223! 6/3 Beta #2- 567!

Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

Re: At what gestation does your OB not stop labor?

• Options
    I think my OB said that after 35w, they wouldn't stop labor. They let me off bedrest at 35w and said that while they wanted to keep the babies cooking as long as possible, they wouldn't stop labor at that point and it was more important for me to start getting up and around and get my strength/energy back so I'd be ready to take care of the babies when they came (I'd been on BR since 22w).
  • Options
    I remember my MFM saying they stop it up to 34 weeks w/ twins
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker,Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Mine also said at 35 weeks they would not stop labor.
  • Options
    My OB said they wouldn't stop labor after 36 weeks.
    TTC since 8/08 with MFI IVF #1 Nov 2010 BFP! Twins!! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Mine said 34w
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

I went into early stages of labor at 34.6 wks in the morning and I delivered that evening at 7:30ish.   I had a repeat section and they didn't want to risk me rupturing internally from the past section and start bleeding.  They didn't let me get to far into labor at all.

ETA-you're sooo close!  They wouldn't stop you if you went into labor.  I know you're more than ready.  : ) 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageViolaPlayer:
    Mine said 34w
    Mine too.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options

imageMrs.Greg:
    imageViolaPlayer:
    Mine said 34w
    Mine too.

Ditto.  34w was their big goal for me.   

Livian Elizabeth and Alayna Marjorie!  On their way to 3!
    Lilypie - (mtvk)
    Lilypie - (WdLV)
  • Options
    imageAllisonb17:

imageMrs.Greg:
    imageViolaPlayer:
    Mine said 34w
    Mine too.

Ditto.  34w was their big goal for me.   

Me too. MFM said after 34w they wouldn't stop.  34 was my big goal...came so close! 

• Options
    Same as a lot of pp's - mine woudn't stop labor after 34 weeks.  I was on hospital bedrest and they released me then.  Luckily I made it to 36w2d.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    It was 34w for my docs as well.
  • Options
    34 for me too.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'm assuming my office's policy is 34w because he said that was the first "goal."
  • Options
    Mine said they would generally not stop it after 35w, but they let me stay on my anti-contraction meds until 36w0d, since I had had PTL issues since 22w1d.
    After 20 months TTC with PCOS, we were blessed with twins!
    They arrived at 36 weeks after PTL and bedrest for 14 weeks. Lilypie Third Birthday tickers image
    imageimage
  • Options
    35w
    fraternal twin boys born january 2009
  • Options
    Wow, I suspected my MFM was a wackadoodle - he said 32 weeks, and also threatened at 28 weeks that "if I don't like how they're doing in there, I'll deliver them now so I can control their growth."
  • Options

My OB laid out the goals like this: 28wks, 34wks, 36wks.  So I think definitely at 36 they won't stop it, and at 34 it'd depend on the situation. At 28 they'd survive but they'd try to keep them in.

I haven't talked to my high-risk OB about this yet, as I am still not sure on her place in delivery.  Honestly I'd be okay with either OB delivering.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    34 w
  • Options
    34 weeks!
  • Options
    Mine told me 34 weeks.
    imageimageimage

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

It was 34 weeks for me too-best of luck to you!

TTC #1 since 4/09
    2/21/11: IVF #1 Begins and results in TWINS!
    11/4/11: The twins are born at 36w4d!
    11/5/11: We said goodbye to our sweet baby girl as she was born with multiple complications and a severe heart defect, Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I was told he would be happy with 34 weeks, but that if I make it to 36 he would take me off of bed rest and probably stop the meds. 
    image image image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"