Hawaii Babies

Toobigforstroller

Have you guys seen this? It makes me totally LOL because I saw so many kids at Disney World who I thought were too big for a stroller. https://toobigforstroller.tumblr.com/

Re: Toobigforstroller

• Hah, that's hilarious. Though, in their defense, if someone was willing to push me around so I didn't have to walk (even if I barely fit)... I'd fully take advantage! Haha =P
    cai(o)&cullen+ahk
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • A few years ago we have a first grader pushed to school in a stroller every day.  He started second grade that way, too, until he was teased enough to stop.  I hate kids teasing, but in this particular case, it was what was needed (just a little bit).  The social worked couldn't even get him out of it (or mom to stop it).  Obviously, they had a few issues.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • imagelelekay:
    A few years ago we have a first grader pushed to school in a stroller every day.  He started second grade that way, too, until he was teased enough to stop.  I hate kids teasing, but in this particular case, it was what was needed (just a little bit).  The social worked couldn't even get him out of it (or mom to stop it).  Obviously, they had a few issues.

Wow. Issues, for sure.

• imagestargirl76:
    Hah, that's hilarious. Though, in their defense, if someone was willing to push me around so I didn't have to walk (even if I barely fit)... I'd fully take advantage! Haha =P

Ha! I guess I would, too.  Sometimes.  :P

• when I was little I LOVED the stroller.  I would dramatically say "my legs are giving out" and fall over.  I could push myself because my legs could reach the ground.  I have memories of this so I had to ask my mom when I finally gave it up... she said around kindergarten she was finally able to convince me it might be a little embarrassing if I were to run into school friends.  ::blushing::
  • Man, there were a lot of kids at Disneyland too who were way too big for a stroller! I do have to say that it would be nice and convenient for parents though, especially since little kids get tired (or lazy?) easily. I wish Brooke wanted to sit in her stroller more often :(
  • LOL that's hilarious that someone started a blog for that

DH is always saying that when we are out.  either "too big for a stroller" or "too old to be still using a paci" are his favorite comments when we are in public places w/lots of kids :)

• imagemrspresley:

LOL that's hilarious that someone started a blog for that

DH is always saying that when we are out.  either "too big for a stroller" or "too old to be still using a paci" are his favorite comments when we are in public places w/lots of kids :)

Ha, I usually don't say it out loud but I sure do think it a lot when I see kids doing stuff like this.  =P Once at Walmart, I swear there was a kid who looked at least 6 or 7 with a pacifer in his mouth.  I think I elbowed John in the side and was like, 'Omg, did you just see that??'  

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I live in mortal fear that we'll end up on this site. *embarrassed*

Will and Dash generally prefer walking these days, but if we're in a store I'll usually still have them in the stroller. It's just too hard to keep all four of those grabby little hands contained otherwise! (I can't even put them both in the shopping cart, since we don't have the kind that fit two kids - so it's stroller or nothin'.)

* the artist formerly known as redshoegirl *
    life in oz

• imagelorem ipsum:

I live in mortal fear that we'll end up on this site. *embarrassed*

Will and Dash generally prefer walking these days, but if we're in a store I'll usually still have them in the stroller. It's just too hard to keep all four of those grabby little hands contained otherwise! (I can't even put them both in the shopping cart, since we don't have the kind that fit two kids - so it's stroller or nothin'.)

Oh, gosh, I can't imagine trying to run after 2 kids at this age in a store or anywhere else for that matter.  I have a hard enough time with 1!  Do you ever wear one of them?  You could wear one and put one in the shopping cart, maybe?

Kaya would usually prefer to walk and sometimes she gets restless in the cart and wants to go down but if I'm alone there is no way I can keep a hand on her and push a shopping cart.  She almost had a meltdown in Target last week.  Luckily it passed quickly and I was almost done shopping.

• the site totally made me crack up. and mauiwedding - tehe.  peer pressure totally worked for me!  for fear of embarrassment, i finally learned to sleep in my own room (at 5ish - have NO idea how my parents coslept with me for so long!) and learned to ride a bike (i must have been in 4th grade or so?)

so - when is too old for a stroller?  when we were trying to decide on a stroller, I remember seeing some reviews that showed 5 yo's fitting comfortably - but i wasn't sure if it's b/c some 5 yo's still ride a stroller, or they were just saying the seats were roomy?! 

i wouldn't think will and dash, at 1.5, are too old for the stroller?  

once i saw a big kid in a stroller, with a paci in his mouth.  i definitely gave his parents the side eye (...but then i immediately felt bad, b/c what if he was special needs and was happiest in the stroller, with his paci...)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagesanae78:

Oh, gosh, I can't imagine trying to run after 2 kids at this age in a store or anywhere else for that matter.  I have a hard enough time with 1!  Do you ever wear one of them?  You could wear one and put one in the shopping cart, maybe?

They're funny - if they can't walk, they'd MUCH rather be in the stroller than held/worn! I don't know why - maybe it feels more independent to them (even though they're more contained, if anything)? They enjoy being held, but not so much held and walked around with, kwim?

imageSanHawaii08:

i wouldn't think will and dash, at 1.5, are too old for the stroller?  

I dunno. Some people seem to think it is (and have told me so - not here, in real life) and others don't seem to care. Their stroller is rated for waaaay more weight than they currently are, so I figure we'll use it until they're at least 2 years old. Maybe not every day at that point, but I think we'll still need it for a while yet. Ah well...everyone's gotta be judged for something, right? Stick out tongue

* the artist formerly known as redshoegirl *
    life in oz

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"