Stay at Home Moms
Options

Does LO favor you over DH?

I am sitting here listening to my baby cry and fuss for DH.. he's never put him to bed before. We dropped the ball on this one..wow. LO has shown some serious signs of wanting mommy more. I know it's normal since I'm with him all day..but I need him to relax with DH too. Am I the only idiot that created a monster?

IMG_7454 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Does LO favor you over DH?

• Options
    this too shall pass. DD is 20 months old and is all about Daddy. I am chopped liver.
  • Options

imageDr.Loretta:
    this too shall pass. DD is 20 months old and is all about Daddy. I am chopped liver.

This! DS has always gone back and forth between DH and I! One day he just wants DH and the next me...and some days he wants us both together. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker>

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    They both favor my husband. He is more fun to them, plus I am always with them, so he is someone new to play with.
  • Options
    My kids have always preferred me.  They love their dad, but when something isn't going their way, they love me the most.  I have friends who are SAHDs, and they have the same issue.  I am lucky that my kids are perfectly behaved for everyone, but me :-)
  • Options
    LO is finally sleeping.. poor DH. He changed and headed straight for the basement to workout. I think he's working off some frustration.  Hopefully each night will get easier. 
  • Options
    DS is happy with either of us most of the time, but DD definitely prefers me.  She is JUST coming around to being alone with DH and not crying for me the entire time.
    O 10.08 & MJ 6.10
  • Options

Your not the only one, I have a little mommy only monster too. It is totally my own fault. I never let, or made, DH do anything with her at the beginning and since he is generally afraid of babies he didn't mind too much. Now that she is getting a little older she is starting to like him more and I actually recently got a part time seasonal job to get out of the house and sorta force the issue. So far they are doing pretty well together and he was even able to put her to bed with no fuss the other night. I do have to say that when I come home after work and she is so excited to see me it is the best feeling in the world! 

It is not to late for your LO to start liking your DH. You may just have to leave the house for a bit and them work it out without you there. Good luck! 

• Options
    It's a phase, and he will go through many.  My girls are currently in a "Moooooommmmmmmyyyyy!!!!" phase, which is exhausting for me and frustrating for DH.  But a few months ago they were all about him.  :)
    BabyFruit Ticker On our way to 3 under 4! DD1 1/22/09 DD2 7/16/10 Baby Boy Due This Summer!
  • Options
    DD goes through phases.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Goodness yes!  My DD favors me over anyone else on Earth!  My DH gets frustrated sometimes, and I remind him it's just a phase and before long she will be a 'daddy's girl'.  Honestly it's exhausting to be the center of her world 24/7.  On one hand I love that she loves me so much, but on the other it is so tiring.
  • Options
    DS favors daddy and DD favors me.  It's been this way for quite awhile, although they'll both go to either one of us if the other is not around.  Give it time and LO will develop his relationship with his daddy. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Right now, yes, but not by much. She adores her Daddy too.  I'm just around her more.

DH gets his feelings hurt when she shoves his kisses away.. but I keep telling him that it's because of his itchy whiskers!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyName Ticker Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Thanks! I need to stay away more when they spend time together..he probably sees me and thinks FOOD. :) 
  • Options
    They haven't really favored either one of us but some days they're just excited to see daddy come home because he works late a lot.  Plus he'll toss them in the air, play airplane, etc. and they're getting too big for me to do that.  I'm the one whose kisses fixes all boo boos so that's my big draw:)
    DD#1~8/17/96------DS~10/24/05 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Both kids are a big mama's boy/girl. However, DH still puts one of them to bed each night when he is home. Whatever you do, don't give in to the fussing. Your H needs time to figure out how to put your LO down, even if it takes longer and your LO wants you. The real trap is being the "only" person who can put your LO to bed.

• Options
    DD1 goes in phases but she still prefers me at bedtime. She cries terribly for DH if he tries to put her to bed at night, but she's fine with him putting her down for a nap.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    We are fortunate to have two and each one favors a different parents.  DS#1 is *mine* and DS#2 is DH's :-)   
    Adrian 7.6.07 - ADHD, Disruptive Behavior Disorder, Learning Disability-NOS
    Cam 6.6.10 - Autism, Global Developmental Delay, Mixed Receptive/Expressive Communication Disorder
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"