May 2011 Moms
Options

is your LO also crying all day long???

DD  can cry all day long, but this week she broke her own personal record!!! No sleep only crying. I did everything possible to calm her down, or to put her to sleep. The longest nap she took was 15 min this week. I seriously get sooooooo pissed off when somebody else says oh my baby sleeps he or she never cries! or the worst thing for me to hear is my baby sleeps through the night! I hate this sentence, because DD is 5.5 month old and never STTN. I know I sound like a nut job maybe, but seriously I am so exhausted and the worst thing is that it actually breaks my hard to hear my baby crying. God knows why she is crying and I can't help her

Re: is your LO also crying all day long???

• Options

have you talked to you pediatrician? they will suggest what might be going on. my dd has a cold so she wants to be upright right now due to the congestion. 

it could be teething.

it could be gas.

it could be something you changed in her diet. 

Anniversary

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Is she either too hot or too cold? Over dressed, ect? I would say teething is probably a big reason for the crying. Also are you watching for her que's to feed, nap ect? I notice that if I miss "the window" for certain things my LO get so upset it is sometimes tough to get her to calm down. I am a clock watcher so my LO is fed just about ever 2 1/2- 3 hours and naps every 2-3 hours as well.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I definitely feel for you. It's heart breaking, frustrating and exhausting to have a LO that cries that much. I can't attempt to figure out what's wrong with your LO because it could be so many different things so my only advise to you is, if after going down a whole list of possible causes (the usual, dirty diaper, gas, over tired etc) you can't figure out why I would call her pedi without waiting any longer. DS is not a napper, nor he sttn yet, so I feel you on that one, but I'm have come to terms that he will sttn when he's ready. Am I tired? You bet! But after reading some articles (from very credible sources) I'm convinced that those that do sttn are the few (and lucky moms) and not the norm, that in fact babies are not meant to sttn yet. I'm happy letting nature take its course and I'm letting DS be a normal baby.
  • Options

Are you breastfeeding?

At 5/6 months, it's time to start evaluating what is causing the crying. I know some babies are fussy (read: my DS) but all day long crying doesn't seem totally normal at this age.  Colic should have passed by now....

If you are BF'ing you might be dealing with an allergy, and you need to get to the bottom of it. 

(((HUGS))) I'm sorry you're going through this.

• Options
    imageLisa Frank:

Are you breastfeeding?

At 5/6 months, it's time to start evaluating what is causing the crying. I know some babies are fussy (read: my DS) but all day long crying doesn't seem totally normal at this age.  Colic should have passed by now....

If you are BF'ing you might be dealing with an allergy, and you need to get to the bottom of it. 

(((HUGS))) I'm sorry you're going through this.

True, I didn't think of this, my cousin's LO was Dx at almost 5 mo with an allergy to her milk. This after many different opinions from different pedis. Her baby was put on soy milk, she was allergic to the protein in her milk, and she used to cry all. Day. Long. She would nurse without a problem, she didn't even spit up but she would be misserable all day the poor thing.

• Options
    sorry could not respond all day long just now I found time to read. First, thanks for all these nice and motivating responses.   At home I have tried basically everything thought it is teething used oragel, or try to let her bite that teething ring etc. I think I should go to her pedi tomorrow morning.
  • Options

I was actually relieved to come to work today to get a break from my LO.

She cried so much this weekend. OMG!

I will say in the beginning she cried non-stop. Once I stopped BF and switched exclusively to formula it got worse. It suddenly got way better when I switched to soy.

She still spits up non-stop but the constant screaming like she is in pain stopped.

Now she is teething so not a very happy baby but the teething tablets help.

Good luck!

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I don't mean to come across judgy at all, so please don't take that this way.  I'm just thinking that if my baby cried all day long as you say (especially at this point where our babies are 5 and 6 months old now), I would be in the pediatricians office all day, every day until they figured something out.  That poor little baby - they don't cry just to make noise (do they?).  Something must be wrong with the poor little thing and you need to get to the bottom of it.  Poor little thing.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"