Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Chunky white spit up?

I've noticed sometimes when P spits up, it is like chunky and white, almost like cottage cheese with water...anyone else?

I read a little about it and saw that it is normal spit up, but I also noticed that she does this mostly after I eat a dairy product. Could the dairy be causing this? Anyone have experience with a dairy allergy and could tell me about it?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary

Re: Chunky white spit up?

• I should mention I EBF.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • This is probably no help, but my little dude has the same spit up from time to time but I have never thought to link it to my own diet. (I also EBF) Though I do notice it much more if he has been eating faster than usual (ie: from a bottle or when he just seemed to be gulping milk while nursing). And we had what I dubbed "BarfFest, 2011" last Friday when he seemed to barf everything back up over the course of the morning after being especially fussy/gassy (I know it's not true "barf", but I enjoy calling him Barfy from time to time :) )

I guess it could be an allergy/intolerance/sensitivity to something in the diet... hmm....

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • If it is "chunky" like that it means the breast milk has mixed with the stomach acid. So it is coming back up from the stomach rather than when they spit up immediately after eating when the milk hasnt reached the stomach yet. Not a big deal...its normal. 

DS #1- Ares Christopher

DS #2- Taj Lee

DD #1 Alba Gray

Baby #4- coming in May

• imagea4smith:
    If it is "chunky" like that it means the breast milk has mixed with the stomach acid. So it is coming back up from the stomach rather than when they spit up immediately after eating when the milk hasnt reached the stomach yet. Not a big deal...its normal. 

I agree with this.

imageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I asked our pedi last visit...totally normal, just milk that had been partially digested.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Never linked it to my diet. I notice it a lot when she eats more than usual
  • Yup, happens to me all the time.
  • Happens to us too and we EFF. Like others said, our Pedi said it's because it has partially digested. Probably not something you ate!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"