Baby Names

middle name suggestions for Ramona

DH and I keep circling back to Ramona. DH isn't suggesting anything and isn't sold on Georgia and I've given up on Dahlia. I'm really having a tough time coming up with a mn and there are no family names we care to use. DD's middle name is Elizabeth so that is taken. I'm looking for something outside the box but not crazy. Our last name is 1 syllable. I like "word" names but adjectives/anything descriptive will not work with our last name. I don't think a middle name ending in A would work which seems to be eliminating other names I like from the equation. I'd appreciate suggestions. If anything perhaps this will help me figure out what syllable combo I prefer. 3-?-1.

Edited for clarity

Image and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: middle name suggestions for Ramona

• I love Pearl as a MN and it seems to fit your criteria
  • I feel like one syllable would be good...like Jane or Kate.

Georgia and Dahlia sound awky to me with both names ending in "a". 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • imagesalt78:

I feel like one syllable would be good...like Jane or Kate.

I should clarify further that Dahlia and Georgia are/were the other first name choices on our list.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • imageHarper'smom:
    imagesalt78:

I feel like one syllable would be good...like Jane or Kate.

I should clarify further that Dahlia and Georgia are/were the other first name choices on our list.

Oh gotcha. :)

Those are nice too, but I absolutely LOVE Ramona.

• Ramona Agnes

Ramona Aveline

Ramona Alice

Ramona  Edith

Ramona Iris

Ramona Louise

Ramona Mabel

Ramona Hazel

Ramona Frances

Ramona Maude

Ramona Lucille

Ramona Ivy

I personally think the best flow would be 3-2-1. These are the ones that immediately came to mind! GL! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I like Bay and Blythe.

If you're looking for something longer, there's Clementine, Valentina, Seraphina, and other such manner of indulgent names.

You could also use something kind of fun, like Poppy, Sparrow, Maple, Pepper, or Gable.

Or you could use a virtue name, like Honor, Constance, Verity, or Prudence.

VOTE on my Name List

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

• I don't know why, but the first thing I thought of was Ramona Elaine.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DD #1 born 4/1/2012
    My Married Bio 

• imagealliejo725:

I like Bay and Blythe.

If you're looking for something longer, there's Clementine, Valentina, Seraphina, and other such manner of indulgent names.

You could also use something kind of fun, like Poppy, Sparrow, Maple, Pepper, or Gable.

Or you could use a virtue name, like Honor, Constance, Verity, or Prudence.

Bay could work. I had originally like Bea but it was too close to "Ramona and Beezus". I had suggested Clementine and Maple to DH for first names but he shot them down. I'll have to see what he thinks of them in the middle name slot. I like fun and spunky names so lots of good suggestions above.

• Quimby-age-8, all one word.

Ok, sorry, couldn't resist. That's my first association and it's an awesome one, so I mean it in the best way possible. I think you need a 2 or 3 syllable name if you're going for "flow," but I feel like I might need more to go on to think of the perfect combo. For some reason, Ramona Beatrix popped into my head, but it's likely because I am mixing childhood books.

Does Harper have any opinions? Weirdly, I sometimes get some good name ideas from what DD is drawn to these days.

Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageanna7602:

Quimby-age-8, all one word.

Ok, sorry, couldn't resist. That's my first association and it's an awesome one, so I mean it in the best way possible. I think you need a 2 or 3 syllable name if you're going for "flow," but I feel like I might need more to go on to think of the perfect combo. For some reason, Ramona Beatrix popped into my head, but it's likely because I am mixing childhood books.

Does Harper have any opinions? Weirdly, I sometimes get some good name ideas from what DD is drawn to these days.

I thought I was so original thinking of Quimby! Not so much. Stick out tongue

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Oh I am so jealous. Ramona is my top fave name but DH says no :)

I wanted Ramona Ruth or Ramona Jean.

Oh man, I may have to bring up the Ramona talk again.

BFP #1- 11/7/10 ~EDD 7/20/11 ~M/C (bo) 12/6/10 @ 8wks ~Missing my Little Firework

BFP #2- 9/11/11 ~EDD 5/25/12 ~M/C (mmc10w)11/4/11 @ 11wks ~Missing my May Flower

BFP #3- 02/21/12 ~EDD 11/1/12  Audrey Lee Born 11/4/2012

BFP #4 ~EDD 6/20/14 stick baby stick!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"