January 2011 Moms
Options

Confession of another sort

Not quite as exciting as Hollywood...but I just sent an email to this chick I met on my stroller walk a while back. I went out twice with a bunch of moms that I met through her and then it kind of fell off. Well, I'm going stir crazy some days being SAHM and so far from my family (well, not as far as some of you guys, they are 45 minutes away with no traffic). So, I emailed this chick asking about the moms group in my area. I need to start branching out...and fast before I go nuts! Anyone else relate to this at all? Or is it just me???

Re: Confession of another sort

• Options
    I hope she emails you back!!  I couldn't find any mom's groups around me but I think it's great you're looking in to it Big Smile
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    That is great. And yes, I can totally relate. I need to findca group in my new area. Sigh. Or at least some other mommy friends.

Siggy Badges

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I can! I took the kids to a play area at the mall near us and ended up chatting with a mom who's kids are 5 months older than DS and 2 weeks older than DD. I asked her to my place for a playdate. We had a great time and she invited me to be in her book club. We do things occasionally outside of book club as well.

You have to just put yourself out there. The benefits can be awesome. I felt weird telling people I met this chick at the mall, but that's just how easy it is to chat up other mom's with kids.

Hope it works out for you to do more things with her! Especially with the winter months coming on, you gotta be able to get out of the house!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Yeah, this is the biggest reason I've been looking for kid activities for Joaquin.  She's not really going to get a ton out of storytime at the library or swim classes at the Y at this point.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    After we move, I definitely plan on trying to find some mommy friends. I will finally have access to the car during the day, so I'll be able to hang out with some other Army wives while our Hs are at work. I think the hard part will be finding someone with a LO close to DD's age. I've lurked a bit on our base's FB page and whenever people want to meet mommy friends, their kids are never close to A's age.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"