Philadelphia Babies
Options

Anyone deliver at Montgomery Hospital?

I need to find a new provider who is VBAC supportive and there's a nurse midwife I like who delivers only at Montgomery.  I've only been to the hospital twice - once to visit a friend and once to the E.R.  It's no secret that the facility stinks - that's why they're replacing it.  But, how did you feel about the care and about the maternity ward?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Anyone deliver at Montgomery Hospital?

• Options
    I did not but I do know a fellow mom that did about a year ago.  She said that she had a great experience - vaginal birth and no complications.  Said the nurses were really nice.  I think she mentioned that they have double rooms but she did not. 
  • Options
    I would never, ever go back to Montgomery.  When I had my c-section I found out that they left 3 metal staples inside me when I had my appendectomy there.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I unfortunately did not have a good experience there either :(  It was 7 years ago but I will never go back.  It was in November, unusually warm, and they had me in a room where the heat was on full blast and they could not turn it off.  So they brought in an extremely dirty fan to try to "cool me down".  I actually ended up getting an infection with a high fever while I was there and had to stay 4 days longer than normal.  The doctors/nurses also screwed up my meal orders so they were giving me liquid meals for almost three days when it was only supposed to be one, I was starving!  By the time I could eat real food I was too sick to. Also, the overall care I had with the nurses there was not nearly as good as what I had when I went to HUP with my second pregnancy, it was just night and day.  I'm hoping things have changed since I was there last but it just left a very bad impression and I would never go back because of it...
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options

I delivered there and loved it.  A few years ago, the Chestnut Hill doctors and nurses moved to the maternity floor at Montgomery and changed the entire thing. (I VBACed with a CNM there).  I delivered my first at Bryn Mawr and my experience at Montgomery was much better- I wanted to take all of the nurses home with me.  

I would not recommend Montgomery for anything but maternity.  NEVER go to their ER. 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers image image
  • Options
    imageMAprincess:

I delivered there and loved it.  A few years ago, the Chestnut Hill doctors and nurses moved to the maternity floor at Montgomery and changed the entire thing. (I VBACed with a CNM there).  I delivered my first at Bryn Mawr and my experience at Montgomery was much better- I wanted to take all of the nurses home with me.  

I would not recommend Montgomery for anything but maternity.  NEVER go to their ER. 

AGREED! :) 

As a doula, I think the CNM's that deliver there are great, individually and as a group - and they also have great out of hospital experience so very accustomed to 'normal' in my opinion. And like this poster says, the nurses are special. I totally agree with that. There are def some imperfect things that come as part of the package though - and as with everything, it's weighing your options and risks vs. benefits. It's not the prettiest or most modern, that's for sure. ;)

Lori ~ mom to 2 boys, wife, doula, and childbirth educator - www.delcodoula.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"