Connecticut Babies
Options

Griffin Hospital birthing class question

So I have just started my 28th week and I started looking at birthing classes offered at the hospital we are going to. I guess my question is... Is a 1 day birthing class really worth it? Griffin Hospital offers the class for $150 per couple and its on a Saturday night and after the class you get to tour the birthing center. Has anyone done one of these class and found it helpful or useless? I don't know if I should just call them up and see if I can tour the birthing center without taking a course? Suggestions??????
BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Griffin Hospital birthing class question

• Options
    I took a course through my OB's office and I thought it was pretty helpful. A lot of the stuff I already knew but some I didn't. Also, since it's at the hosital they will probably go over what to expect which is nice! I also took a tour which made it a lot less stressful when we did have to go in. Overall I think it's worth it to ease your mind and get your questions asked and become comfortable with the whole process.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

Yes!  My husband and I took the course and it was very informative.  I thought I knew stuff about having a baby and there was so much information we were missing out on.  I'm not sure if you took it already but I would.  Your husband or significant other will learn so much as well! also I recommend the breast feeding course as well.  Thats 25 dollars and worth it! My husband went to that also and he learned a lot! Good luck to you! If you need to chat about anything let me know.  I had my baby Sept 24th at Griffin! It was a pretty good experience and the nurses were wonderful!!

Jenn

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"