Tennessee Babies

Day Care or Nanny? Chattanooga area

Hi ladies :)

DH and I are in a pickle...we have no idea what we're going to do about child care.  Are any of you planning on day care?  If so, who are you looking at?  And if you are going the nanny/sitter route, did you use a service to find one? 

We have no family in the area, so unfortunately that is not an option :( 

Any suggestions you have would be great!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Day Care or Nanny? Chattanooga area

• We have to send our LO to daycare.  She goes to UTC's daycare.  It's one of the best in Chattanooga.  However, since number 2 is on the way, my DH is going to a part time evening job to stay home with the kiddos during the day.

What area do you live in?  Siskin is good (but the one downtown takes several years to get in), Primrose, Grace, First Centennary Methodist Church, and a few more I can't think of off the top of my head.

HTH!

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We send the 5 month old to an in-home daycare lady. Love it!! 3 year old goes to Hixson United Methodist.
  • Loading the player...
  • Depending on what part of town you live or work in, there are good options.  I live in N. Chatt and one that many people don't know about is Northside Presbyterian (the day care is called Northside Learning Center).  It's on Mississippi very close to Normal Park Elementary.  First Centenary Methodist church downtown is highly sought after (and hard to get into) for folks who work downtown.  UTC is also a good one (two locations) but it's hard to get into unless you're an alum, employee, or have another UTC connection. 

No matter where you pick, you should be getting on waiting lists NOW!

We're debating day care v. nanny now (since we will have twins the cost is about the same), and a friend recommended citysitter.com to find nannies.  I've also just started telling everyone I know or meet that we are looking for a nanny and we have started to get some recommendations.  I would prefer to use a nanny that someone I know has actually used, so I'm hoping this method works out.

Married May 9, 2009, Fall Creek Falls State Park, Tennessee Male factor infertility, BFP after two failed IUIs and one IVF image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket
  • My 3 year old already attends Sisken early learning in east brainerd! we love all of them and have this one already on the waiting list!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"