Military Families

One week from PCS

I'm freaking the fvck out. Lol. Sorry if that word upsets anyone.

We were approved for a  FANTASTIC townhouse today, so that's a huge relief. Last night, however, I realized we have to drive through mountains. MOUNTAINS. I hate heights, I hate driving in high places (I'm in KS, you can see across the whole state practically) and I'll be alone in my car with DS since DH has to drive his car.

I can't wait to get there and meet people though.

If any of you are out in the DC area you'll have a new member soon! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: One week from PCS

• I live about 30 miles south of DC. I love it here. The east coast mountains are no big deal driving through, IMO. I was freaking out the first time I drove through them because I thought they'd be like the Rockies. For the majority of the drive, you wouldnt even necessarily know you're driving through mountains, just typical interstate. Good luck.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • NSLNSL member

Which mountain range are you driving through?  The Appalachians?  They're really more like rolling hills than actual mountains.  Plus, even when you're high up in the mountains you rarely actually feel high up. 

Enjoy DC!  We were there for four years, and I'm itching to go back.  It's a wonderful place to live.

• Loading the player...
  • Good luck. Glad things are going good for you. Don't worry about the mountains just enjoy the view.
  • I completely understand  - but let me tell you if I could drive from NC to CA in my car alone you can do it!

I haaaaaate driving and have like super anxiety about unfamiliar places and getting lost ... everything went SUPER smooth for us so GOOD LUCK! Drive Safe! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • DC area? What base are you moving too? DH and I are PCSing to Ft. Belvoir and Ft. Myer next summer. It would be nice to see a familiar face :-)

BFP #1 11/07/2012 EDD 07/09/2013 M/C 11/22/2012

BFP #2 02/05/2013 EDD 09/19/2013 Arrived via c-section 09/27/2013

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• image*HiS ChAmAoLe GiRL*:
    DC area? What base are you moving too? DH and I are PCSing to Ft. Belvoir and Ft. Myer next summer. It would be nice to see a familiar face :-)

DH is actually going to be out at WRNMMC in Bethesda, but I don't think Belvoir is too far!

I hope to do a few GtG's after moving out there. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageNSL:

Which mountain range are you driving through?  The Appalachians?  They're really more like rolling hills than actual mountains.  Plus, even when you're high up in the mountains you rarely actually feel high up. 

Enjoy DC!  We were there for four years, and I'm itching to go back.  It's a wonderful place to live.

This.  As a girl  who grew up with mountains and loves the height of them, the mountains on the East Coast a small.  They really are kind of like hills.  Don't worry to much. 

• imagenoah-bear:

image*HiS ChAmAoLe GiRL*:
    DC area? What base are you moving too? DH and I are PCSing to Ft. Belvoir and Ft. Myer next summer. It would be nice to see a familiar face :-)

DH is actually going to be out at WRNMMC in Bethesda, but I don't think Belvoir is too far!

• imagenoah-bear:

• imagenoah-bear:

I will be reporting in August of next year :-) I am very excited bc I have heard nothing but good things about the area

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"