Baby Showers
Options

Please help! December baby shower ideas

Hello Girls,

So I am throwing my best friend a baby shower in December and I was hoping I could get some helpful advice/ideas on the perfect December baby shower.  She is having a little girl and I really wanted to make this special for her.  Does anyone have any ideas or information they can pass along to me?  

Thank you in advance!! 

Re: Please help! December baby shower ideas

• Options

Are you looking for a wintery and holiday-ish theme?

Winter Wonderland - everything in white (someone below was posting about a pink snowflake cookie favor)

Little Snow Baby - this can be white and whatever other color.  Maybe white and pink.  I picture really cute invites for this.

Santa Baby - red and white everywhere.  Peppermint cupcakes for dessert!

I really like the idea of a hot chocolate bar for a December shower!  Marshmallows, peppermint, etc.

Is anyone crafty in the group?  Maybe a home made quilt that matches the theme of the shower can be used as a big cozy backdrop - say behind the cake and then makes a great gift for the baby.  (December makes me think of blankets)

Not sure if this is the direction you were planning on going in. 

• Options

I was the one that posted about the snowflake cookie favor! I am being thrown a shower in December and we decided to do a winter them.  We are using white, silver, and pink balloons on the tables.  Pink plates. And, as PP mentioned, my firend is making sugar cookies that we are going to package as favors that are going to be in the shape of a snowflake with probably pink sprinkles or icing.  Probably use white paper placemats under the pink plates.  My friend and I are waiting unitl Michaels and/or JoAnn fabrics puts all of their christmas/Holiday decor out and go shopping. 

Married DH September 2008
    DD1 Born March 2012
    DD2 Due November 2014

image         image

imageimage

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I love the Santa Baby idea for a December shower!  I can see that being super cute with holiday themed centerpieces.  Last year I threw a December bridal shower at a restaurant near the beach.  For the centerpeices I spray painted tree branches sliver and then hung homemade ornaments (dried starfish with silver beads glued on in patterns).  The starfish looked like snowflakes, went with the beach theme, and were the favors for the guests.  Since it is December an ornament is a nice favor that people will pull out in future years and remember the shower.  Good luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Found the perfect "December" baby shower invite if you're still looking for one:

baby shower invite 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"