Military Families

Marine boot camp

I guess Im not technically part of this group yet but my husband is now at Parris Island for USMC boot camp. He wont be home till the middle of Janurary. I guess what Im wanting is women to talk to. All I have is our 2 1/2 month old son and family/friends who have never been through this.

Re: Marine boot camp

• Boot is hard on a spouse. IMO, the initial separation was harder than any training or even this deployment in the beginning. My advice is pretty much the same that everyone gives; write letters every day & stay busy. Remember to not send him any packages or decorated envelopes and keep the pictures PG. Even if I had a crappy day I tried to keep my letters upbeat. My H said he lived for mail call and it helped him to keep pushing through when I was encouraging.

Good luck!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • If you have facebook I would also get on that.  Some family member from the Company my husband was in created a page and we all communicated with each other.  It was great to have people to talk to that were going through the exact same thing.  I would also join the PI facebook page.  I know that they sometimes put up pictures of the recruits in Boot (at least the MCRD San Diego page did).
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I went through bootcamp at this time last year and my Marine graduated Jan as well I did it with a 2 year old. Trust me its very hard b/c they can't talk to you only by letters. If you have any questions or worrys just message me or join the facebook page for his company. Its for family
    Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • All the PP have great advice.  Remember this is a stressful time for him too.  And try not to stress if you do not get a letter once a week it will come.  They are exhausted over there and if they have time and energy to write they will.  My H went to boot camp during December so not having him home during the holiday was hard on me and DD but be grateful you have friends/family right now. 
    BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • imagechloebeth930:
    If you have facebook I would also get on that.  Some family member from the Company my husband was in created a page and we all communicated with each other.  It was great to have people to talk to that were going through the exact same thing.  I would also join the PI facebook page.  I know that they sometimes put up pictures of the recruits in Boot (at least the MCRD San Diego page did).

Do you know which PI facebook page it is?

• imageeltoothman:

imagechloebeth930:
    If you have facebook I would also get on that.  Some family member from the Company my husband was in created a page and we all communicated with each other.  It was great to have people to talk to that were going through the exact same thing.  I would also join the PI facebook page.  I know that they sometimes put up pictures of the recruits in Boot (at least the MCRD San Diego page did).

Do you know which PI facebook page it is?

You have to find out which company he is in. There are multiple going through boot camp at the same time.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I hope you find some ladies to talk to! We are here for you here too!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Formerly Dashskidaddle
  • Hi, I'm somewhat new to this. But my boyfriend, father of my 8 week child is gonna be leaving for boot camp in either December/January...

I'm just really hoping he'll be back in time for the baby's due date (July 10th)

I don't know if I'm ready for him to leave, but I know I want him to go so he can start this goin.

Advice? 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"