HCJFS-Child Care/Day care Services — The Bump
Cincinnati Babies

HCJFS-Child Care/Day care Services

I have a few question regarding applying for the daycare vouchers...

1) When should I apply for the program? (I'm due Feb 28,2012)

2) How do the program work ? (I'm a first time mom and have NO clue at all)

3) Do you like the program?

4) Do you have any rec's in case I get accepted?  

That's all i can think of for now...TIA

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: HCJFS-Child Care/Day care Services

• I'm not sure what daycare vouchers are.  How do you qualify to get them?  I'm don't think I've ever heard them discussed on this board.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I believe they are based off of your income, and they help pay an amount of the daycare costs?..I?m not very sure and recently heard about them that?s why I posted hoping to see I can get more info since HCJFS never answer the phone?but this board have never been active since I came over to TB so I knew asking here I wasn?t gona get many answers?.Can someone at least tell me how to get on the FB page???? I believe everyone moved over there?.

• Loading the player...
  • You have to be accepted into the FB group by one of the the page administrators.  Do you have any mutual friends on FB that are a part of the group?  A mutual friend will need to "add" you and then one of the admins has to okay it.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • No one i know is on TBSad...That sucksCrying
  • My SIL receives the daycare vouchers because she adopted her children from the Hamilton county foster system.  My understanding of how the program works is as follows:

You fill out an application after your child is born.  The program is based off of your/your spouse's income so you will need paycheck stubs to verify income. Based on your household income, they will give you vouchers for a percentage of your daycare costs and you are expected to make up the difference.  For example, if the center charges $200 per week and you're granted a voucher covering 70% of your costs, you'll pay $60 each week and the voucher will pick up the rest. 

You will be required to use an approved in-home or center from the list they provide and the hours you are granted per day/week are based off of your work schedule.  You bring the vouchers to your provider, the provider fills out the vouchers for the days/hours your child is present then submits the to the county to receive that portion of their pay.  You make your portion of the payment to the provider on the same schedule as the other parents pay (weekly, monthly, etc).

If you qualify, I think the program is worthwhile.  Their list of approved providers is extensive so you shouldn't have a problem finding someone you like if you do your homework.

Here is the website with the application, etc.

http://www.hcjfs.hamilton-co.org/Demo/services/childcare/default.htm#Eligible

image image
    Photos courtesy of Jen Rose Photography
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • image Megs&Nick:

My SIL receives the daycare vouchers because she adopted her children from the Hamilton county foster system.  My understanding of how the program works is as follows:

You fill out an application after your child is born.  The program is based off of your/your spouse's income so you will need paycheck stubs to verify income. Based on your household income, they will give you vouchers for a percentage of your daycare costs and you are expected to make up the difference.  For example, if the center charges $200 per week and you're granted a voucher covering 70% of your costs, you'll pay $60 each week and the voucher will pick up the rest. 

You will be required to use an approved in-home or center from the list they provide and the hours you are granted per day/week are based off of your work schedule.  You bring the vouchers to your provider, the provider fills out the vouchers for the days/hours your child is present then submits the to the county to receive that portion of their pay.  You make your portion of the payment to the provider on the same schedule as the other parents pay (weekly, monthly, etc).

If you qualify, I think the program is worthwhile.  Their list of approved providers is extensive so you shouldn't have a problem finding someone you like if you do your homework.

Here is the website with the application, etc.

http://www.hcjfs.hamilton-co.org/Demo/services/childcare/default.htm#Eligible

Thank you so so much...Big Smile

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards