Illinois Babies

fun stuff in oak brook?

Hi ladies.  DH and I will be heading to Oak Brook this weekend for a wedding.  My mom will be coming with to take care of DD.  Are there any fun activities in the immediate Oak Brook area for my mom to take DD (DD is 1)  to?  I know she doesn't want to drive into the city, but I'm hoping they won't get stuck at the hotel all night.  TIA
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: fun stuff in oak brook?

• there is an outside mall if the weather is nice with fountains and people watching (Oakbrook Center) and an inside mall with a small play area (Yorktown).  A little bit of a drive is Morton Arboretum, and in Naperville is the Dupage Children's museum which has some "young explorer" areas that are designed for kids younger than 24 months.  The Oakbrook park district also has an indoor pool/water playground that you can get a daily pass to, and the Oakbrook and (next town over) Elmhurst libraries have good kids libraries.  I think the Elmhurst library does a toddler story time on the weekends.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Thanks for all the info!  I'm sure they can find some sort of entertainment from that list.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"