January 2011 Moms
Options

When does the bullying stop?

DH told me last night that his boss and the partners at work make fun of him for "babysitting"every weekend. Yep a bunch of 35+ year old men with their own children like to tell my H how he's my b!itch for taking care of our children every weekend while I work, and not getting to go out. It made me so mad I was seeing red. Seriously wtf, why is this ok? If you want him to go out with you on the weekends, give him a raise so I can quit my job, a-holes.

My H said he tries not to let it bother him, but they are relentless. He wasn't telling me for any other reason, except that I asked what has been bothering him. I told him he can always get a babysitter if he wants to go out, but he said he doesn't even want to hang out with them when they say crap like that.

I'm trying to introduce him more to my friend's from work husbands. At least those guys understand there's nothing wrong with caring for your kids while your wife is at work. Any other suggestions here? I hate that he has to put up with this.

Also this is a post and run, but I'll be back later!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: When does the bullying stop?

• Options
    Personally I dont think it ever does stop.  There is always someone who tries to make themselves feel better by putting others down. It stinks for sure. 
  • Options

Sorry he has to put up with that. I have no suggestions but H goes through the same thing at work, kind of. He gets teased all the time. I think it is his own fault though (my H not yours). When we were having bad problems we stoped having sex and the guys at work teased him about it and still do.

Men will be men I don't think there is much you can do about it.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Babysitting?  They really call it babysitting when he's at home with his own children?  What is he expected to do?  Hire a babysitter so he can ignore his responsibilites at home to go out with the guys?  If anyone ever said this to my husband I hope he would flip out on them and set the record straight.  And what kind of wives do these men have if they  A) considering staying home with their children is baby sitting and B) going out on the weekends when it should be family time?  I just got so mad for your husband! 
  • Options

imageTracy6450:
    Babysitting?  They really call it babysitting when he's at home with his own children?  What is he expected to do?  Hire a babysitter so he can ignore his responsibilites at home to go out with the guys?  If anyone ever said this to my husband I hope he would flip out on them and set the record straight.  And what kind of wives do these men have if they  A) considering staying home with their children is baby sitting and B) going out on the weekends when it should be family time?  I just got so mad for your husband! 

gotta agree here. if these guys have kids then what on earth do they do with them. they probably couldnt last 15mins alone with their own kids, in my opinion your h is infinitely more manly for being a responsible family man. and your kids will be much better off in life with TWO good role models to follow after.  

• Options
    imagekknapp25:

imageTracy6450:

gotta agree here. if these guys have kids then what on earth do they do with them. they probably couldnt last 15mins alone with their own kids, in my opinion your h is infinitely more manly for being a responsible family man. and your kids will be much better off in life with TWO good role models to follow after.  

I feel like these men are still straglers from my parents generation where the mom's do all the child rearing etc. I know my H is proud of himself that he can take care of our kids without my help at all. There's only so much he can say though when the guys taunting him are his boss and the 4 owners of the company.

Thank you for reinforcing my opinion that my children are lucky to have both their parents so invested in their care instead of just me.

• Options
    Wow. What a bunch of a-holes. Your poor hubby. That would suck to have to deal with everyday. Sometimes my DH calls watching our son babysitting. I always side eye him and say, "No, parenting."

Siggy Badges

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Those guys have nerve. I'm guessing they feel threatened because your DH can do something they can't (care for his own children without help). And also, they probably secretly feel jealous that he has a career ambitious independent wife that can be a great mom all week long and earn some cash on the weekends. Your DH should tell them "Don't hate". Oh yeah, and they probably know that your kids must love him to pieces because of the time your DH has with them - and his boss/partners must be envious of that too. They can svck it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"