Health & Exercise
Options

Exercise before pg - how long before does it count?

I know "they" say anything you did before pg is safe to resume, but how far in advance does it count (obviously if you start something the day before, your body's not used to it)?

Re: Exercise before pg - how long before does it count?

• Options
    I don't think there is a specific time limit.  However I think you have to be very familar with the exercise so that you can tell if something is wrong in your pregnancy vs. normal discomfort during a good workout.  So basically if you feel sore or something hurts during your workout you should know if it is a pregnancy symptom or the results of a workout.  You should be able to isolate it.  Good luck!
  • Options
    I normally use the elliptical for around 45 minutes, I'm not super disciplined to do it consistently enough, but if I get pg again I definitely want to be able to exercise more and stay in better shape (I gained the perfect amount of weight with both pg's, 25 pounds with singleton and 48 with twins) but weight aside I wouldn't say I was "fit".
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I'm sure you are fine to do that!  From what my doctor and I discussed, the "if you were doing it before" rule only applies to pretty intense, out of the ordinary stuff.  

I am pretty sure everyone with an uncomplicated pregnancy would be okayed to do cardio like the elliptical.  My doc always gives me the rule that I am working too hard if I could not comfortably carry on a conversation.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Even if you were coming off the couch, you can still have an active pregnancy! That said i would not recommend starting to train for a marathon, or other intense endevor, but just because you are pregnant doesnt mean your fitness goals must wait till post baby. In fact it will make things easier for you if you get/stay fit durring the pregancy.
    VOTE on my Name List
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"