Ok, I know it could be worse. A LOT worse. But I'm just so sad that everything we've thrown at this kid couldn't help him get rid of the flat spot. We've been doing PT stretches at home and with his therapist every other week. We've had his interventionist recommend a special physical therapist to perform craniosacral therapy on him to see if that would help. We've increased tummy time, limited carseat time (and retired the infant seats, eek!). Nothing has helped, he only had a 1-2mm change in his flat spot in 7 weeks (a change in the right direction, but not a big enough change).
So he gets his head measured on Friday, the helmet should be in a week later. It just really sucks because in order for him to get his helmet in a timely manner, we have to pay $750 for it. If we wait for the insurance to complete a predetermination, we'd pay less but it could take 3-4 weeks for the helmet to come in and we'd miss the window of opportunity where the helmet would be helpful. So hopefully we'll get the $750 refunded, maybe see the money in January. Ugh, I'm just so upset over this right now.
Guess it'll be easy to tell them apart for the next 6 months!