Parenting after 35
Options

NBR: Dryer Question

Does anyone have a newer front loading dryer with a door that opens like an oven as opposed to left to right (like a car door)??  I just saw some and wondered if it's a pain to try to dig stuff out with the door folded out towards you.  It's supposed to catch clothes from falling on the floor when you pull them out.  Anyone? Pros or Cons?

Re: NBR: Dryer Question

• Options
    I don't have one like that (washer and dryer in my house are 15 years old) but I would think it would only be a problem if (1) you were short or (2) if you could not move around to the side of the door, ie the washer is in a closet. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Growing up our dryer door opened like an oven and I hated it!  I would have to lean over at awkward angles to get the clothes out or bang the heck out of my shins on it! I have the GE Profile Harmony and it opens side to side. I put the laundry basket in front of it and scoop the clothes out into the laundry basket so nothing falls on the floor but at least I have the option of using the laundry basket or not.  If you had the door opening like that and you hated it you would be stuck.

Hope this helps,

JM 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

IF History in my Bio!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    mwdmwd member
    It would provide a great stepping stool for a LO to crawl into.  Not that we would ever allow a child to play around the dryer, but I was thinking of advantages to the side opening doors.   My DD crawls into and on top of everything. Like pp said, it is so nice having the side opening door, because you just put a basket at the bottom, and move the clothes out with your arm, bloop, they fall right into it.  If you can do it, get a pedestal, as it will save your back. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"