Parenting after 35

My baby is not a baby anymore :(

Today we had friends visiting us. They have a cute 5 week old girl. I got to hold her and I man I realized how big Ian has gotten. Double size of her. Of course it is all good..but time flies so fast. Feels like yesterday he was a tiny baby happy with just food and sleep, and today he wants tons of attention, he is "talking" all the time, rolling all around ...

Do you mommas of older kids sometimes miss the baby phase of your LOs? I feel like I will... 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: My baby is not a baby anymore :(

• I feel like with each new phase I wish I had appreciated the last one more, they change SO fast!  Wait until your little man is a year old, he will seem so tiny in the pictures you have of him now :)  Its all relative, and I think the best any of us can do is try to enjoy the ride as much as possible :)
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I had a first taste of this when I was trying to find DS footie pjs in size 12 months.  Everywhere I looked, they only went up to size 9 months.  I finally asked the saleswoman in Carter's and she said, "Oh, size 12 months is in the Big Boy section!" The Big Boy section????  But he's still a baaaaaaby!  Crying

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I was just thinking about this today.  Charlie was all sleepy and curled up in my arms and he was just hangin' out on all sides of me.  Feet sticking out on one side.. arms and head out the other way.

What happened to the little tiny thing that I could hold in one arm????

• Yes ... and no.

I don't do well with sleepless nights and therefore I don't miss that part. But I do miss the tiny body snuggling against me when I rocked him to sleep or fed him a bottle. I'm "one and done" so I won't feel that again... and then I cherish every snuggle my big 2-year-old gives me. Especially since it's a very conscious decision to hug me.

Bronx Zoo: Summer 2013

To read my blog, click on the giraffe pic below!
  • I always feel that way. I'm forever feeling like times moving too quickly and that my little guy is growing up way, way too fast.
  • I was just thinking about that today. I don't miss the sleepless nights and constant feeding and diaper changing of newborns, but I miss how much easier little babies are to take with you on errands, change into clothes, comfort, etc. When your baby becomes a willful toddler that fights you on everything, it's a challenge. Although I've enjoyed each phase and I have to say that I like each new phase better than the last. I love how my 2 yr old has become a charismatic, happy, social little person that learns new words every day. And I love how he shows his affection towards us and runs to me when I pick him up at day care.

I think you need to cherish each stage b/c it's precious and unique in its own way.

Me: 44 DH: 42. DS born healthy at 40 weeks 8/24/09. TTC since then with no luck or ART. Surprise BFP 8/6/14... MMC @ 8 weeks 4 days... Miss you everyday sweet baby angel.
  • Yeah, that's what I figured. Everybody misses some moments... I am really trying to enjoy every moment. But, as much as I enjoy breastfeeding my baby and I think it creates a special bond, I won't miss the wake night hours nursing, nursing, and more nursing... 
  • Just to remind you - he IS still a baby. He is only 3 months old!
  • imageateytelb:
    Just to remind you - he IS still a baby. He is only 3 months old!

YES, THIS!!! Some people don't even get to meet their baby until they are older if the adopt!

My DS is FIVE now.. talk about not a baby. But ya know what.. he still is little.. he still puts his shoes on the wrong feet, says cute things, etc. Love him. Enjoy every stage. It does go VERY FAST!

3 months is still VERY much an infant.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"