Trying to Get Pregnant

Blood test at 6 dpo...accurate or not?

Hi everyone,

I've never posted before because I'm more of a reader, but this one has got me puzzled and I just have to ask.  Isn't a blood test at 6 dpo too early?  This month I started bleeding at 4 dpo so I went to the doctor to make sure nothing was wrong (because it's too early to be my period) and the doctor decided to do a blood test. It came back negative (just called today at 7 dpo) which I just assumed it would be, but I don't know.

Anyone have any idea? Thanks!! 

Daisypath Vacation tickers

Re: Blood test at 6 dpo...accurate or not?

• Yeah I would say no.
    Mrs. 5/03*DD 2/07*DS1 5/09*DS2 7/12
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Do you chart? If you don't you may have O'd earlier and are getting your period.

ETA: to actually answer your question, yes 6 DPO is too early.

Sweet Baby Samson born 11.16.10
    Darling Little Sydney born 12.22.12
    Two Babies in Heaven
    My Babe, More Precious is to Me
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

~A ridiculous amount of love to all my Golden Girls!~
  • Loading the player...
  • Yeah I'm positive I was 6-7dpo. I'm annoyed that she would even test me so early but I guess she must have thought I didn't really know how many dpo I was?
  • imageWishUponAstar89:
    Yeah I'm positive I was 6-7dpo.

How do you know?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    imageimage
    imageimage
  • imagejuliane2004:

imageWishUponAstar89:
    Yeah I'm positive I was 6-7dpo.

How do you know?

Exactly what I was thinking.
    Sweet Baby Samson born 11.16.10
    Darling Little Sydney born 12.22.12
    Two Babies in Heaven
    My Babe, More Precious is to Me
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

~A ridiculous amount of love to all my Golden Girls!~
  • More than likely too early. 
  • Haha I know it sounds crazy but I know when I'm ovulating just like a lot of women know that within a day they will have AF. I've been charting for 3 years and I have textbook ovulation symptoms: mittelschmerz (to the point that I can identify the ovary) and EWCM being the biggest two indicators. So I guess I shouldn't say I'm "positive", but I'm almost certain :)   Plus, AF has never been anything less than 12 days or any more than 16 days after my ov date. 

Glad to see others agree that it's way too early! Good luck to all of you this month!!

• imageWishUponAstar89:

Haha I know it sounds crazy but I know when I'm ovulating just like a lot of women know that within a day they will have AF. I've been charting for 3 years and I have textbook ovulation symptoms: mittelschmerz (to the point that I can identify the ovary) and EWCM being the biggest two indicators. So I guess I shouldn't say I'm "positive", but I'm almost certain :)   Plus, AF has never been anything less than 12 days or any more than 16 days after my ov date. 

Glad to see others agree that it's way too early! Good luck to all of you this month!!

I usually ovulate cd 13-14 but last cycle I O'd cd 17 even though I had O pain and EWCM on cd 11. Your body can gear up to O but be later or earlier than what you consider normal. Charting your BBT is the best way to confirm O day.

Good luck to you! 

BabyFruit Ticker

TTC 2.0
    Surprise BFP! Beta#1:37 Beta#2: 97

TTC 1.0
    IUI #1=BFN
    IUI #2=BFP! Beta#1:87 Beta #2:1050
    ~It's a GIRL!~
    Lily born 10/30/12

imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic

"Anyone can give up, it's the easiest thing in the world to do. But to hold it together when everyone else would understand if you fell apart, that's true strength."
  • That's very interesting...good to know it's normal to occasionally be abnormal! Thanks so much and best of luck to you too   :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"