May 2011 Moms

Stroller opinions please

I have two strollers currently.  A nice, fullsize "all terrain" stroller which we use for our daily walks, etc. It was the first one we bought. Its huge. We used to snap the car seat onto it, and it also had a bassinette attachment. LO is too big now, we just use it as a regular stroller.

We also have a nicer umbrella stroller (nice and padded, comfy). I actually bought the second stroller because I thought maybe he hated his first one because he wouldnt last in it very long.

Regardless of which stroller we use, LO generally will only last about 20-30 minutes in it, if I am lucky. For the most part, I end up wearing him in a ring sling. Which I dont mind, I love it actually. But when I am at the mall, shopping for stuff for me, sometimes I want to try stuff on and its impossible if I am wearing him. 

Long post short.. I am thinking about getting ANOTHER stroller. Specifcally the Icoo Targo, because baby can face me. I am thinking maybe thats his problem, he just needs to know I am there. H is annoyed that I am thinking about buying a third stroller. But come on, you dont know these things when you have never had a baby before.

Thoughts? Maybe 2nd time moms have been through this? Is it just a stage?  Will he be fiercly independant soon and want to face the world? Right now going to the mall or for walks is pretty much a nightmare Indifferent

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Stroller opinions please

• Mine got better once he could face the world.  He's such a watcher he's mesmerized by what's happening until he falls asleep.  

Do you have any friends with a stroller that faces you? Could you borrow one and try it?  I guess I'm skeptical that that is the problem, and it seems wasteful to buy a third stroller unless you know. I would assume its a stage - but who the heck knows? 

imageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Some kids just don't like the stroller. I wouldn't invest in one specifically because it faces you.  If you aren't 100% certain that's the issue, it sure seems like a waste of money. 

And I'm with Canuck. My DD much prefers to see what's going on around her, and that will only increase as they get older.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • My LO hates being buckled in, but as soon as that's done and we're moving he's fine.  If I stop for more than a minute though, he gets crabby.  Do you think that would be the problem?
    imageLilypie Second Birthday tickers image
  • imagealliejoe:
    My LO hates being buckled in, but as soon as that's done and we're moving he's fine.  If I stop for more than a minute though, he gets crabby.  Do you think that would be the problem?

Same here. The buckling is usually the worst part. And then once we start traveling, she settles down right away. I got a stroller where the seat can face toward mom or toward the outside, but now I keep hearing that babies often prefer facing outward. And now I realize I could have saved a bunch of money by just going with an outward-only facing stroller from the beginning. You live and you learn...

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

• imageje2161:

imagealliejoe:
    My LO hates being buckled in, but as soon as that's done and we're moving he's fine.  If I stop for more than a minute though, he gets crabby.  Do you think that would be the problem?

And now I realize I could have saved a bunch of money by just going with an outward-only facing stroller from the beginning. You live and you learn...

LOL.. we should trade!!

Alliejoe: Definately.  For the most part, once we get going he's o.k, but only for 20 minutes of so.  If I stop for 2 seconds I have to turn him around to look at me, or park him infront of a mirror.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm a lurker, but thought I would chime in.  We have the Targo and I really like it.  Would I buy it again? Perhaps not.  DS will still only face me though (he's 5 months) and screams when facing out.

The best thing about the Targo is that you can raise the height enough that it pulls perfectly up to a table.  We also like that everything is adjustable (footrest, seat part and back rest) so we can really make it work for him. 

I don't know if this helps or not...

PCOS Clomid x 4 = BFN Met, Femara, Trigger x3 = BFP! EDD: May 18, 2011 Baby Boy born May 13, 2011 via emergency C section Our Friday the 13th miracle!
  • I may eat my words in two years, but right now, when LO is tired of her stroller/ergo/carseat whatever it is, I just keep at it and she eventually learns to like it. She was throwing fits about her carseat, but it's required so she had to stay put.  Then at one point she started not liking her stroller, but I just kept her in it for walks even if she was fussy.  Now she's fine with it.  Try extending stroller time by just a few minutes at a time.  LIke you know she can do 20 minutes, do 22 minutes tomorrow.

I would not buy a third stroller just to appease the baby. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"