North Carolina Babies
Options

SAHM's--movie theater, etc questions...

Wasn't there a theater in the Triangle area that did free (or cheap) movies for moms & LO's during the day? Where was that? I want to pass on the info to a friend.

Also, SAHM's, what are some of your go-to cheap or free activities for during the week? The same friend is having issues with ideas of things to do with her 22 m/o DD--is growing tired of the park & Marbles, so I told her I'd reach out to my SAHM friends to get some other ideas. 

TIA!

photo c107d4aa-9909-4a33-b3bd-bd94168bd5fc.jpg

Re: SAHM's--movie theater, etc questions...

• Options

Raleigh Grande off Lynn Rd. had some mommy and me movie matinees.  I went to one with a friend when D was really little and it was a bust.  It was us, an older couple and a loner and D was fussy the whole time so we left half way through the movie.

She should try library times (they are in session right now).  It's one of our favorite things to do!  Or B&N story times.

0Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

She is welcome to join our "group" if she wants. Mostly our week consists of play dates, preschool, library story time, etc. We also go to the playground and park a lot. We are blessed to have a friend on our street and that is great for afternoon play time outside, we have an active neighborhood and on my cul-de-sac kids are out all the time scootering, biking, etc.

B&N does story time, so does Pottery Barn Kids in South Point. We sometimes meet friends for lunch at CFA and do the play area there.

We have never been to the movies, and I don't plan to take her until she is 3 or older. I know Lala took Keira a bunch and they had a good time.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

There were a lot of free or $1 movies over the summer, not sure about during the school year. 

The libraries, Play N Learn toys in TTC, B&N all offer storytimes. Triangle Town Center has a decent mall play area, the train, B&N to play at - its easy to spend a few hours running around there. The Raleigh Science museum is fun - its free. They have some fish, dinosaurs, reptiles, butterflies etc. C enjoys walking through there.

Shelley Lake has a nice park, and you can go feed the ducks. (Lake Lynn is the same also)

Caleb likes nature walks, either at the Art Museum trail, Durant Nature Park or Umstead.

Raleigh Parks & Rec has a lot of classes for that age. Dance, art, music, swim etc. They also have a free open Gym (Tot Time) at several local community centers (Laurel Hils, Green Road, Lake Lynn etc)

She may be small for Monkey Joe's but Playnation is fun for that age.  

Triangle Mommies has a lot of play dates on their calendar too!  

image Caleb is 3! 101 in 1001
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"