North Carolina Babies
Options

Car Seat Help

I am in a pickle. DS is almost 19lbs and he is not even 5 months yet (he was almost 10lbs at birth). Our Chicco only goes to 22lbs, and he is not sitting obviously so I have no clue how I am supposed to put him in a convertible car seat and then run errands. Anyway we have a Britax for DD and I don't think we are getting one for DS unless I can find a great deal again. I was looking at the My Ride 65 and was wondering if anyone has it and likes it.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Car Seat Help

• Options
    Kids Woot has the First Years True Fit for $99 today ($149 on Amazon).  It looks like it has a lot of padding for a little one and goes up to 65lbs.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    It only goes to 22lbs rear facing, so it won't work for us.  Boo.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

OMG...uGHHHHHHH 

We have a Britax and I LOVE it in our Pilot but DH drives the Jetta and it won't fit RF there.  So I let him pick out the car seat and he chose the true fit and now I'm realizing it won't work!!! ARGHHH  (and we bought it for $140 on amazon so double whammy on that one!!).

This is why I pick out everything.  @#!)$(*@#t

0Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

Poop!  Details...

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Don't really have any suggestions about the car seat but as far as switching to the convertible and still being able to run errands without him sitting up... get one of those high chair/cart cover things and then just use receiving blankets to prop him up. It works wonders.
  • Options
    We are in the process of putting DS2 in a convertible car seat too.  Not sure what your plans are for DD but we just moved DS1 into the next (and I think final!) car seat he'll have and we'll use the convertible for DS2. So we didn't buy anything new for DS2, just the next step in car seats for DS1.  Just another thought...
    Kim

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Thanks everyone! DD has a Britax Marathon in a very girly pattern and I would like to keep her in it until she outgrows it because I love that seat. Thanks to Angel Pack I was able to purchase a Britax Roudabout just now for $159 shipped! It goes to 40lbs rear facing so it will work great.

I do have a grocery seat cover but I hate the fact I have to wake him up, he does like to sleep in his seat. Maybe he won't gain 3lbs too quickly (to put him to 22), but somehow I doubt it!!

As for the other seat only going to 22lbs rear facing, that is crazy, since the new rules are for kids to be RF until 2!

• Options
    imagedbertagni:

Thanks everyone! DD has a Britax Marathon in a very girly pattern and I would like to keep her in it until she outgrows it because I love that seat.

Ah...I see!  That makes sense.  :)

Kim

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I was going to suggest a Roundabout 55 too.  I'm glad you found something that will work! :)
    Pregnant with #1 with PCOS and LPD, success with mostly naturopathic treatments
    Our Thanksgiving Day baby 11/22/07

imageimageimage

Pregnant with #2 with LPD, uterine polyp/hysteroscopy, DOR (AMH = 0.17), 2 c/ps
    Our early Christmas present 12/9/10
  • Options

We have two First Years True Fit Carseats and they go up to 35 lbs rear facing.  The headrest is removable and without it, the limit rearfacing is 22lbs.  It's a very comfy seat and we love it...but more importantly, DS is comfortable. 

We have a Camry and Jeep Liberty and both fit great.  The headrest does take up a little more room, but it seemed like our Graco Safeseat took up more space. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"