January 2011 Moms
Options

The problem with the middle of the night

Last night, DD woke at 2:30AM and I put her back to sleep. It then took me a while to get back to sleep and then she woke up again at 4:50am. I asked DH to get her. He pressed a button on the monitor and said, "Shhh!" I said, "Seriously? I really need to sleep so I can work tomorrow and so that I can fight this cold." So then he pressed the button again and said, "Shh! Shh!" I was really pissed and got up in a huff and put DD back to sleep. She woke up again at 6:30 and I said, "This time you have to get her." He goes in, tries to get her back to sleep for 3 minutes, then brings her to me in bed. I was SOOO angry and I think I made a nasty comment.

Later, while he's getting ready, he makes a comment about how he slept so well and he's feeling great. I could not believe he was being such an a$$ and I was not super friendly. Finally he goes, "are you mad at me for something?" I said, "Are you kidding??" and told him everything he did.

He does not remember ANY of it (except for the 6am wake up). He said he was totally asleep and he's a bit offended that I thought he would act like such a jerk and that next time I should kick him to make sure he's awake.

So it's kind of funny...even though I'm kind of tired and cranky still.

How the heck can you tell when your partner is ignoring the problem or is still sleeping in the middle of the night?!?!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
DD1: born 1/19/11. DD2: born 10/10/13

Re: The problem with the middle of the night

• Options
    I would nudge him harder, for sure. Sometimes it takes forever for H to wake up, and by that time I'm up anyways. Drives me nuts.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    If he hadn't responded, I would have pinched him and kicked him. But he totally responded to me, just in a jerky way. Maybe I'll ask him math questions or something next time.

DD1: born 1/19/11. DD2: born 10/10/13
  • Options
    My DH sleeps like that too. If LO wakes up, he does not usually remember...so whenever I need him to get her, he gets kicks among other things. I could never not hear her, must be a motherly thing?
  • Options

My DH does this sh*t to me all the time. And I use such a strong word but only because I am so annoyed at mine for it. It's not a once in a blue thing...it's all the time. Either in the MOTN or in the morning. And hours later when I'm still pi$$ed he reminds me that he was sleeping and that's how he is when he's sleeping.

My new response - you are a father and a husband. Grow up!

But since this was a first for you I can see the humor in it.

I'm starting to think my DH is feeding me a line of bull LOL. 

• Options

My H is like this too. He sleeps really deep because he wears a bipap mask for his sleep apnea. I just kick the crap out of him, lay the monitor on his chest with the volume turned way up or I turn off his bipap Surprise Of course generally by the time I've done all this I'm wide awake anyway.

Hope you get over your cold soon !

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Ugh! So sorry! My H does this too. I find a sharp elbow to the ribs works well. Wink
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"